Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2024, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,654 times

Advertisements

hi, is anyone else having issues uploading documents? it's stuck on a loading animation

also i am log number 3xxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 05:51 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGroovy View Post
hi, is anyone else having issues uploading documents? it's stuck on a loading animation

also i am log number 3xxx
There is most likely a lottery building releasing log numbers tonight. Usually, the housing connect website gets jammed up and slows down when such is the case.

Did the agent not give you an email to give the documents etc.

Could you also add your info to the spreadsheet tracker so we can use the data to get clarity around submissions etc.

http://tinyurl.com/505-State-Street

Old 01-16-2024, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
There is most likely a lottery building releasing log numbers tonight. Usually, the housing connect website gets jammed up and slows down when such is the case.

Did the agent not give you an email to give the documents etc.

Could you also add your info to the spreadsheet tracker so we can use the data to get clarity around submissions etc.

http://tinyurl.com/505-State-Street
Oh that's very helpful to know, thank you. And no not yes, just an initial email asking for documents.

And yes, I'll add in my info tonight. Sorry im still new but what does CB stand for?

Old 01-16-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGroovy View Post
Oh that's very helpful to know, thank you. And no not yes, just an initial email asking for documents.

And yes, I'll add in my info tonight. Sorry im still new but what does CB stand for?
CB = community board, it is a specific area mapped out as a community board, this lottery has preferences for 50% units to go to community board so since you did a doc request you are most likely either in the community board or have some other set aside preference (disability - mobility/vision/hearing or municipal employee)

Old 01-17-2024, 12:52 PM

9 posts, read 5,568 times
are only CB preferences getting called first? i am 9xx no preferences but have not gotten contacted

Old 01-17-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygal394 View Post
are only CB preferences getting called first? i am 9xx no preferences but have not gotten contacted
yes the set aside preferences will be asked first and then CB, once all set aside and CB slots are filled theyll start reaching out to gen pop.

If you are only in the GP that's the last group to be called. If you are out of NYC and its boroughs you get last dibs even after gen pop is done.

Old 01-17-2024, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 2,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
are you in the community board or have any set-aside preferences, and what is your household size / AMI ?
not in the cb, no preferences, household size 1, 40% ami

Old 01-17-2024, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brklynnyc214 View Post
not in the cb, no preferences, household size 1, 40% ami
Never say never but without being in the CB or having any set-aside preferences the chances are very low especially since there are only ~45 units available in total.

Keep applying and sending vibes out and manifest yourself a nice place to call home

Old 01-18-2024, 05:49 PM

36 posts, read 20,418 times
I was just asked to submit documents and now under review. I forgot to submit my social security card and my proof of income documents are complicated because I am a 1099, not W2. I have not filed my 2023 taxes yet because I don't have my 1099 forms complete yet. My 2022 income (in tax returns) do not meet the AMI bracket - but I was just beginning my business then. I had more income that fall into the AMI bracket last year and this year but I calculate my net income based on expenses (gross minus expenses), which I wrote down in self-affidavit they wanted. However, I don't know how to prove my business expenses as I do not have all the receipts I need. Any idea how they go about in reviewing documents for 1099 workers and what other proof of income or expenses they might ask?

Old 01-18-2024, 06:39 PM

188 posts, read 137,274 times
Maybe try using the source of payments from your business? Like bank statements linked to your business account
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery