Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM

36 posts, read 16,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcia87 View Post
So you agree that it's idiotic, just not alarming? And that people should mind their business, although you are on a public platform, sharing your business?
Lollll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM

28 posts, read 13,393 times
Ok, I saw the apartments, and they are extremely small. 1 bedroom apartments were studio sized.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:40 AM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
Ok, I saw the apartments, and they are extremely small. 1 bedroom apartments were studio sized.
Dang

Were you able to see amenities/ pool etc. and did you take pics of amenities since there are none online that are not virtual

Old 03-23-2024, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 13,393 times
Amenities are not available for viewing. Also, amenities won’t be available to use till summer.
The layouts that are advertised in housing connect were different than the apartments that were shown to me.

I saw two apartments and they were extremely small. I am assuming they assigned the smallest units for the lowest ami, and probably you are getting a slightly bigger unit with a higher Ami.

I have to say I was pretty upset when I saw the size of the apartment.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Amenities are not available for viewing. Also, amenities won’t be available to use till summer.
The layouts that are advertised in housing connect were different than the apartments that were shown to me.

I saw two apartments and they were extremely small. I am assuming they assigned the smallest units for the lowest ami, and probably you are getting a slightly bigger unit with a higher Ami.

I have to say I was pretty upset when I saw the size of the apartment.
The size of apartments does look like a bummer.

TBH all plans have rooms that are averaging 100 sq feet or less, only some market rate units are significantly larger but the rents are like 10x the lottery rents

Is it that small that you won’t consider moving there or does it still make sense for you to take the unit cuz of location and amenities

Old 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM

20 posts, read 9,373 times
1 bedrooms are kinda small tbh. Marketing agent told us all 2 bedrooms are gone for %60 AMI last week. But the showing agent showed me 2 bedroom apartment today. I asked him about availability of 2 bedrooms, he said idk about availability but according to marketing agent I need to show you 2 bedroom apartment as well. I am little confused..

Old 03-23-2024, 05:08 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofistikelastik View Post
1 bedrooms are kinda small tbh. Marketing agent told us all 2 bedrooms are gone for %60 AMI last week. But the showing agent showed me 2 bedroom apartment today. I asked him about availability of 2 bedrooms, he said idk about availability but according to marketing agent I need to show you 2 bedroom apartment as well. I am little confused..
Either of you take any pictures or videos you can share?

Old 03-23-2024, 05:22 PM

20 posts, read 9,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Either of you take any pictures or videos you can share?
https://imgur.com/a/KNt6ktP

Old 03-23-2024, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 368 times
Is a 3rd round of docs a good thing or does it mean they’re having a hard time verifying my eligibility?

Old 03-23-2024, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofistikelastik View Post
that is not a good thing to hear, I am surprised cb2 has already got the 4 60 ami units, Usually CB log numbers def go higher for people getting called and also getting units

were you asked to select a unit to move forward with your app. or will the marketing agent choose for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery