Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2024, 07:04 PM

20 posts, read 9,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
that is not a good thing to hear, I am surprised cb2 has already got the 4 60 ami units, Usually CB log numbers def go higher for people getting called and also getting units

were you asked to select a unit to move forward with your app. or will the marketing agent choose for you.
Yes, we received an email from housing line and they are asking us 'the apartment you interested in' ??

But I believe this is a generic email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 07:36 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofistikelastik View Post
Thanks so much! Those sure are tiny, really disappointing.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:34 PM

28 posts, read 13,393 times
There was a one bedroom on the Housing Connect website that I was eager to see. However, when the agent showed the two options I have, I asked about the apartment that I wanted to see, they informed me that it had been taken last week.

If my marketing agent had confirmed my eligibility sooner, could I have secured that apartment? This situation doesn't seem logical to me.

This situation looks like first come first serve.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:00 PM

36 posts, read 20,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
There was a one bedroom on the Housing Connect website that I was eager to see. However, when the agent showed the two options I have, I asked about the apartment that I wanted to see, they informed me that it had been taken last week.

If my marketing agent had confirmed my eligibility sooner, could I have secured that apartment? This situation doesn't seem logical to me.

This situation looks like first come first serve.
Very similar situation with us, me and Sofistikelastik. We have been originally told that we qualified for 2-bd (we do qualify, still) and today the agent showed Sofistikelastik two units, 4k and 18a; one-bedroom and two-bedroom. But there is confusion as to which apt we will get as the agent told us on the phone the available 2bd units were taken. I kind of get that because our log number is 7** but you are 2*. I mean, how many people can there be before you?

But we are also 60% AMI and the 1bd unit was extremely small. May I ask which unit were you shown, considering you are 40% AMI according to the google drive folder?

Old 03-23-2024, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
Very similar situation with us, me and Sofistikelastik. We have been originally told that we qualified for 2-bd (we do qualify, still) and today the agent showed Sofistikelastik two units, 4k and 18a; one-bedroom and two-bedroom. But there is confusion as to which apt we will get as the agent told us on the phone the available 2bd units were taken. I kind of get that because our log number is 7** but you are 2*. I mean, how many people can there be before you?

But we are also 60% AMI and the 1bd unit was extremely small. May I ask which unit were you shown, considering you are 40% AMI according to the google drive folder?
I honestly don’t know. I specifically asked the agent if there was an apartment hold for me aside given that, she was taking her ample time to confirm my eligibility.

I am 40% Ami and I was also shown 4K and 4L. I wanted to see the A apartment cos that was the one I hope I would get.

However, when asked the showing agent why I wasn’t shown that apartment, he informed that those units were limited and were already taken.

So, I am kinda upset.

Last edited by plastikangel; 03-23-2024 at 09:18 PM..

Old 03-25-2024, 08:20 PM

I am back to zero, thanks to the inadequacy of my marketing agent, who forgot to add documents for my file. Th eproject manager told me that my file should have been already rejected.... this is becoming a nightmare for me......

Old 03-25-2024, 08:36 PM

36 posts, read 20,220 times
Oh wow! So sorry to hear that, that is just so annoying and frustrating!! Ugh. Is it the agent who did the inital calculations who forgot or the manager? Wow. What did they mess up?

Old 03-26-2024, 08:08 AM

The marketing agent, who initially handled the calculations without requesting my lease—which I didn't possess as it was never provided to me—is now expressing confusion as to why my file wasn't rejected earlier and why I haven't been CB verified yet. I presented all email exchanges with my marketing agent, emphasizing that this situation is not of my making. I had to vacate my CB room due to a fire in the house and relocated to another room within the same block. However, they are now implying that I may be moved from CB, which feels like a form of coercion.

Interestingly, when I informed the project manager about my lease situation, she told me that she would email her contact in HPD and send me an email. This conversation took place last Wednesday between her and me. However, I have never received an email from the project manager. Then, yesterday on the phone, she somewhat complained about why I still have not provided a lease from my former apartment.

Last edited by plastikangel; 03-26-2024 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-26-2024, 08:24 AM

2,006 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
The marketing agent, who initially handled the calculations without requesting my lease—which I didn't possess as it was never provided to me—is now expressing confusion as to why my file wasn't rejected earlier and why I haven't been CB verified yet. I presented all email exchanges with my marketing agent, emphasizing that this situation is not of my making. I had to vacate my CB room due to a fire in the house and relocated to another room within the same block. However, they are now implying that I may be moved from CB, which feels like a form of coercion.

Interestingly, when I informed the project manager about my lease situation, she told me that she would email her contact in HPD and send me an email. This conversation took place last Wednesday between her and me. However, I have never received an email from the project manager. Then, yesterday on the phone, she somewhat complained about why I still have not provided a lease from my former apartment.
Hang in there.

You can confirm your CB of both your old and new rooms here. If they show a three digit number then look at the last two digits.
https://boundaries.beta.nyc/?

Old 03-26-2024, 08:33 AM

They are in CB, however, they are telling me just a notarized letter from the former leaseholder and his bills are not enough proof to prove my CB residency.

They are asking a copy of my former roomate's lease, which he claims he doesn't have. I called the landlord and she hung up on me as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery