Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 03:47 PM

40 posts, read 15,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT200 View Post
The deadline is approaching...Feb 9. Logs will be out soon after. Here is a Spreadsheet Tracker:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fpU/edit#gid=0
Actually, I see that it has been extended until March 11. I wonder why ...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 05:28 PM

72 posts, read 50,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT200 View Post
Actually, I see that it has been extended until March 11. I wonder why ...?
Yeah it was weird.. idk if there was a glitch in the system. On my it says the 9th then on the computer it says the 11th of Marxh

Old 02-07-2024, 05:32 PM

111 posts, read 135,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanford View Post
Yeah it was weird.. idk if there was a glitch in the system. On my it says the 9th then on the computer it says the 11th of Marxh
The funny thing I was applying clicked on it, said Feb 9. Applied and it changed to March...insert annoyed face here lol

Old 02-08-2024, 01:57 PM

11 posts, read 9,238 times
They've been doing this with multiple lotteries - they just keep extending the deadline. Extremely annoyed.

Old 02-08-2024, 02:54 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Don’t trust the thumbnail versions for building that says ‘lottery ending in 9 days’ because there is a consistent problem with it being miscalculated. Typically, it says the lottery is ending before it does. Instead, Go to the full page for the particular building where they write out ‘lottery open from Feb 2 to April 8’, this is more reliable. Yes, sometimes deadlines are extended.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:20 AM

11 posts, read 9,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Don’t trust the thumbnail versions for building that says ‘lottery ending in 9 days’ because there is a consistent problem with it being miscalculated. Typically, it says the lottery is ending before it does. Instead, Go to the full page for the particular building where they write out ‘lottery open from Feb 2 to April 8’, this is more reliable. Yes, sometimes deadlines are extended.
good to know, thanks!

Old 02-15-2024, 03:14 PM

40 posts, read 15,261 times
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fpU/edit#gid=0

Old 02-21-2024, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,354 times
Hey all, very new to this but I am loving this forum-incredibly informative. First time applying to the housing lottery and this place is right down the street from me, so I am hoping the CB preference works in my favor. I am a 1 person household, but nowhere on the application did it ask studio vs 1 bedroom, if I'm selected will they just assign me one or the other? Thanks

Old 02-21-2024, 11:42 AM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xolivia View Post
Hey all, very new to this but I am loving this forum-incredibly informative. First time applying to the housing lottery and this place is right down the street from me, so I am hoping the CB preference works in my favor. I am a 1 person household, but nowhere on the application did it ask studio vs 1 bedroom, if I'm selected will they just assign me one or the other? Thanks
Short answer, if you qualify for both 1 bedroom and studio you are supposed to be allowed to choose which you want but only if circumstances allow. You have to wait and see what is available in your AMI% income range when your log# is called. Good luck and good patience.

Old 02-23-2024, 08:31 AM

34 posts, read 37,687 times
- So management is being switch to a new company now/starting March 1st. I'm currently in one of the 2 smaller building and we just got the email.
- So new people in the office and everyone currently will be moved somewhere else :/
- This doesn't look good at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery