Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 01:07 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/4290

Please makes post on this thread concerning SENDERO VERDE PHASE II, only

This lottery was newly posted on or about Dec 11, 2023, Monday. The lottery loses Feb 9, 2024.
(Phase I was also a lottery now closed for many months.)
It is wise to segregate posts concerning Phase I from posts for this new Phase II.

This link might not display for some users yet or at all times, be patient. Why? I don’t know. But I suspect it’s because it’s new and it will display more consistently after a few days. Perhaps, as a new page it has too many visits and then does not show up for all users, only a guess.

The lottery end date is many days away. Check back if this particular lottery does not display for you today.

(It makes no difference when you enter the lottery, early or up to the deadline. However, if you are superstitious and want to wait until the last minute you can do that but you run a big risk of missing the deadline entirely. A tech issue might arise at any moment. A users connection might get weak or momentary fail as the deadline ends in the mean time. Waiting to enter for superstitious feelings is not an excusable reason for missing the deadline. It’s called a deadline for a reason.)

There are many units (348) of several size types. There are 30% AMI units, 110% AMI units, and other AMI% categories are 50% and 60%. If your household is a donut hole or otherwise has too much income or not enough you can consider entering because they decide if your income qualifies or not, not you. And, your household income, and the income brackets are subject to change. It matters most what the incomes are when a household is contacted for further processing which can be many months from now. (New US HUD AMI% levels will very likely be set in May or June. Almost certainly the maximum income in each bracket will rise.)

The is a 50% set aside allotment for existing residents of Manhattan Community Board 11 (AKA 111). This leaves more 150 units without the community board preference. Posting about CB preference either in favor of it or against it will not change the fact that it exists for this particular lottery.

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 12-11-2023 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2023, 12:59 PM

11 posts, read 10,174 times
Just applied and hoping to get a low log number. I thought the conventional wisdom was the earlier you apply, the lower the log number. Is that true?

Old 12-12-2023, 01:06 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk87 View Post
Just applied and hoping to get a low log number. I thought the conventional wisdom was the earlier you apply, the lower the log number. Is that true?
Not at all true, a common myth on these forums. What's funny is you will see just as many people on here claiming that applying at the last minute helps you get a low log, can't work both ways can it?

In reality, when you apply during the application period makes 0 difference in your likelihood of receiving a low log number. Logs are generated only after the application period closes and any paper/mail applications are input into the computer system. Then logs are assigned at random to each applicant and households are contacted in log order for the units they appear to qualify for, also taking into account any applicable preference categories.

Old 12-12-2023, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 10,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Not at all true, a common myth on these forums. What's funny is you will see just as many people on here claiming that applying at the last minute helps you get a low log, can't work both ways can it?

In reality, when you apply during the application period makes 0 difference in your likelihood of receiving a low log number. Logs are generated only after the application period closes and any paper/mail applications are input into the computer system. Then logs are assigned at random to each applicant and households are contacted in log order for the units they appear to qualify for, also taking into account any applicable preference categories.
Thank you for the clarification on this.

Old 12-12-2023, 01:23 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
What you describe is not a lottery. It is unconventional thinking.

Old 12-12-2023, 05:30 PM

333 posts, read 255,098 times
Quote:
You're not the first person I've heard or read say this. I think this might have been the more likely case when it was the old website. Obviously, it wasn't a sure-fire thing, but it seems like it was likely enough for it to start being something commonly said.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:02 PM

116 posts, read 81,451 times
Hopefully I can get a low log, I have CB in this one!

Old 12-13-2023, 02:39 PM

72 posts, read 39,968 times
Applied. Sending out positive vibes.

Old 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM

72 posts, read 50,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/4290

Please makes post on this thread concerning SENDERO VERDE PHASE II, only

This lottery was newly posted on or about Dec 11, 2023, Monday. The lottery loses Feb 9, 2024.
(Phase I was also a lottery now closed for many months.)
It is wise to segregate posts concerning Phase I from posts for this new Phase II.

This link might not display for some users yet or at all times, be patient. Why? I don’t know. But I suspect it’s because it’s new and it will display more consistently after a few days. Perhaps, as a new page it has too many visits and then does not show up for all users, only a guess.

The lottery end date is many days away. Check back if this particular lottery does not display for you today.

(It makes no difference when you enter the lottery, early or up to the deadline. However, if you are superstitious and want to wait until the last minute you can do that but you run a big risk of missing the deadline entirely. A tech issue might arise at any moment. A users connection might get weak or momentary fail as the deadline ends in the mean time. Waiting to enter for superstitious feelings is not an excusable reason for missing the deadline. It’s called a deadline for a reason.)

There are many units (348) of several size types. There are 30% AMI units, 110% AMI units, and other AMI% categories are 50% and 60%. If your household is a donut hole or otherwise has too much income or not enough you can consider entering because they decide if your income qualifies or not, not you. And, your household income, and the income brackets are subject to change. It matters most what the incomes are when a household is contacted for further processing which can be many months from now. (New US HUD AMI% levels will very likely be set in May or June. Almost certainly the maximum income in each bracket will rise.)

The is a 50% set aside allotment for existing residents of Manhattan Community Board 11 (AKA 111). This leaves more 150 units without the community board preference. Posting about CB preference either in favor of it or against it will not change the fact that it exists for this particular lottery.
~What do you mean if the household is a donut hole or has too much income? Can you still apply even though you may be above or below the income threshold?

Old 12-13-2023, 06:09 PM

172 posts, read 243,325 times
No in unit washer/dryer, disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery