Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 08:24 PM

72 posts, read 50,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssme View Post
- So management is being switch to a new company now/starting March 1st. I'm currently in one of the 2 smaller building and we just got the email.
- So new people in the office and everyone currently will be moved somewhere else :/
- This doesn't look good at all.
Why you say that? I’m curious. How was the previous management company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 05:23 AM

34 posts, read 37,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanford View Post
Why you say that? I’m curious. How was the previous management company?
This is just my experience with management. The current/previous management Rose Community wasn't bad at all. When I moved in they were always available to answer any questions I had. They were friendly but overwhelmed with the push to fill the building up by a certain date. A few months later some office staff were replaced without warning. Then it was constantly new office staff. I barely knew anyone's name after 8 months here. Then the main guy who showed me my apartment and most of the residence was gone out of the blue. Once staff kept change the office was backed up even more. Plus new rules were made for the building. Other residence and myself didn't get our lease renewal until the month of or after our 1st year was over. Even thou a lot of people left the office they were still available to answer questions, pay rent, etc..

Now out of the blue were getting new management but I search them and they have horrible reviews. A high majority of them says they're never in the office and don't replay to emails or calls. Repairs are never done.They just want to rent money and only work if enough peoplecall 311 and report them.

Now that the 3rd building and public courtyard (It should be private) is almost ready to be occupied I can see it getting worse.

It's funny a few months ago we got the email saying Rose Community want to welcome some lady to the management team etc. She has extensive in running buildings and will be taking over. They tried to make a big deal out of it and now your replacing her and everyone else.

Anyways didn't want to make this longer. That's just my 2 sents.

Update:

One thing I don't like that Rose changed was package delivery/pick up. Before security could open the room for you and grab the package 24/7. Now that they switched to a different company security can't touch your packages or open the door for you. We now have a guy who comes in Monday to Saturday to gives packages out from 1pm to different times. Sundays you can't get anything. If a delivery comes that day they just leave it on the floor until one the building guys or security puts it in the backroom. Then you have to wait till Monday. It's very annoying.

The building guys were good but now I think they are being replaced as well. The stairs aren't clean often anymore, floor vacuum etc

Last edited by ssme; 02-24-2024 at 05:43 AM..

Old 02-24-2024, 04:51 PM

72 posts, read 50,216 times
Quote:
This is just my experience with management. The current/previous management Rose Community wasn't bad at all. When I moved in they were always available to answer any questions I had. They were friendly but overwhelmed with the push to fill the building up by a certain date. A few months later some office staff were replaced without warning. Then it was constantly new office staff. I barely knew anyone's name after 8 months here. Then the main guy who showed me my apartment and most of the residence was gone out of the blue. Once staff kept change the office was backed up even more. Plus new rules were made for the building. Other residence and myself didn't get our lease renewal until the month of or after our 1st year was over. Even thou a lot of people left the office they were still available to answer questions, pay rent, etc..

Now out of the blue were getting new management but I search them and they have horrible reviews. A high majority of them says they're never in the office and don't replay to emails or calls. Repairs are never done.They just want to rent money and only work if enough peoplecall 311 and report them.

Now that the 3rd building and public courtyard (It should be private) is almost ready to be occupied I can see it getting worse.

It's funny a few months ago we got the email saying Rose Community want to welcome some lady to the management team etc. She has extensive in running buildings and will be taking over. They tried to make a big deal out of it and now your replacing her and everyone else.

Anyways didn't want to make this longer. That's just my 2 sents.

Update:

One thing I don't like that Rose changed was package delivery/pick up. Before security could open the room for you and grab the package 24/7. Now that they switched to a different company security can't touch your packages or open the door for you. We now have a guy who comes in Monday to Saturday to gives packages out from 1pm to different times. Sundays you can't get anything. If a delivery comes that day they just leave it on the floor until one the building guys or security puts it in the backroom. Then you have to wait till Monday. It's very annoying.

The building guys were good but now I think they are being replaced as well. The stairs aren't clean often anymore, floor vacuum etc
Wow

Old 03-08-2024, 10:51 AM

30 posts, read 12,630 times
Quote:
- So management is being switch to a new company now/starting March 1st. I'm currently in one of the 2 smaller building and we just got the email.
- So new people in the office and everyone currently will be moved somewhere else :/
- This doesn't look good at all.

Do you have any regrets about moving into this development? Do the pros outweigh the cons?
I applied, but it's good to know the good and the bad, so thank you for your honest reviews of the place in both of the Sendero Verde threads.
Best of luck to everyone in this lottery!

Old 03-27-2024, 12:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,110 times
I applied in January and have an application number for this lottery but no log number? Is this normal?

Old 03-27-2024, 07:45 AM

25 posts, read 15,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasssy View Post
I applied in January and have an application number for this lottery but no log number? Is this normal?
The deadline for this lottery was extended by a lot so that extended the wait time unfortunately

Old 03-27-2024, 01:55 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
someone was held hostage in this building. It’s happeninggg

Old 04-01-2024, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNYC View Post
Do you have any regrets about moving into this development? Do the pros outweigh the cons?
I applied, but it's good to know the good and the bad, so thank you for your honest reviews of the place in both of the Sendero Verde threads.
Best of luck to everyone in this lottery!
- I don't have any regrets moving in. I'm lucky that I won to begin with. I was in very negative situations before I came here so I can't complain even thou some things snow me about the building.
- I think the pro outweigh tne cons. If you get in the building it's rent stabilize so that's a plus.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:27 PM

One month update since new management.
- The building maintenance people were kept from previous management. So it's nice that some people got to stay.
- Rent can be paid through a new website or mailed. Were getting charged a flat rate for the AC unit. It depends on the size of your apartment.
- I heard that people are suppose to start moving in this month but I still see last min construction going on. The lobby isn't even done.
- Stll no access to the roof terrace. Packages just gets left in front of your door ((Management is not resp for lost/stolen packages

Old 04-04-2024, 02:14 PM

98 posts, read 34,297 times
Logs are out. 12×××
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery