Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 03:50 PM

270 posts, read 748,906 times

Advertisements

hopes still up, we received a letter saying to bring in the documents they want, to be able to further process our appeal. We will bring it to them with hopes that can continue our interview in full. Will keep u updated!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 AM

123 posts, read 310,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hopes still up, we received a letter saying to bring in the documents they want, to be able to further process our appeal. We will bring it to them with hopes that can continue our interview in full. Will keep u updated!

When is the interview/appeal?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 AM

i was given till this WED to bring what the asked for..we should have it by tomorrow tues. by the way, how is your process going

Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM

I've completed the first portion of the interview, he is completing the credit check. I wish you all good luck

Old 05-17-2010, 10:39 AM

same to you, i hope we end up neighbors someday "soon"

Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM

dropped off the docs they requested and even some more to support my explanations of my written appeal. But jeez its like these people DONT wanna help you at ALL. I was trying to ask some questions in a nice way of course, about how they go about the decision, and they just wanna brush you off, with no compassion..for example: "Are these all the documents you were told to bring in?, is everything explained in your appeal letter?", well OK thank you very much, we'll let you know in writing in a few days by mail", but its the way its said that makes me feel even more sad as to like WOW, these people are holding my future in their hands? WOW, only GOD can help me now..we are praying that they carefully review everything i wrote in my appeal, and see all the docs .

Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM

18 posts, read 45,857 times
Quote:
dropped off the docs they requested and even some more to support my explanations of my written appeal. But jeez its like these people DONT wanna help you at ALL. I was trying to ask some questions in a nice way of course, about how they go about the decision, and they just wanna brush you off, with no compassion..for example: "Are these all the documents you were told to bring in?, is everything explained in your appeal letter?", well OK thank you very much, we'll let you know in writing in a few days by mail", but its the way its said that makes me feel even more sad as to like WOW, these people are holding my future in their hands? WOW, only GOD can help me now..we are praying that they carefully review everything i wrote in my appeal, and see all the docs .
Just had to let you know that I read the unfolding of your story and I'm rooting for you 1000%. Hope you get it!

Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 PM

thank you so much for rooting for me , im glad you took the time to follow my story.. what i dont get is, EVERYONE i explain the situation to understand exactly what i mean ( ie: we pay very low rent, save lots of cash, and deposit into bank whenever we want, PLUS we have high tax returns every year), but when i try to explain it to THESE people in person, they dont get a word im saying. Hopefully, they'll "GET" it in the appeal letter i wrote out to them, which was quite long. I brought all the supporting docs to prove myself as well ie: copy of lease where we are bunking with a relative proving the full rent for the NYCHA apartment is $250, a signed and noterized letter from leaseholder saying we live there and pay $150/mo rent, and last 3 yrs of tax returns for me And my girlfriend. IF THAT DOESNT SHOW THEM where the money they are seeing being deposited into her checking is coming from, then i dont klnow what will make them finally see and understand. Other than that, im leaning closer to the impression that they simply dont want to give it to us or there some other things at "work" here. ie: saving apts for their friends/family? Have their own little inside scam going on?
Im actually sorry im even thinking this way, but at this point , im not ruling out all the possibilities, because WE QUALIFY as far as our income is concerned..THEY EVEN calculated our check stubs and determined we make $36,000 combined.. the requirement is from $33,000-$38,000.. SO WHAT GIVES!? and every single comment i threw at them when i was defending myself that day we were disqualified, was knocked down , by them finding every possible way to prove us WRONG. Why not try to help people? NOT EVERYBODY is lying or trying to commit FRAUD!

Last edited by emulator; 05-18-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
thank you so much for rooting for me , im glad you took the time to follow my story.. what i dont get is, EVERYONE i explain the situation to understand exactly what i mean ( ie: we pay very low rent, save lots of cash, and deposit into bank whenever we want, PLUS we have high tax returns every year), but when i try to explain it to THESE people in person, they dont get a word im saying. Hopefully, they'll "GET" it in the appeal letter i wrote out to them, which was quite long. I brought all the supporting docs to prove myself as well ie: copy of lease where we are bunking with a relative proving the full rent for the NYCHA apartment is $250, a signed and noterized letter from leaseholder saying we live there and pay $150/mo rent, and last 3 yrs of tax returns for me And my girlfriend. IF THAT DOESNT SHOW THEM where the money they are seeing being deposited into her checking is coming from, then i dont klnow what will make them finally see and understand. Other than that, im leaning closer to the impression that they simply dont want to give it to us or there some other things at "work" here. ie: saving apts for their friends/family? Have their own little inside scam going on?
Im actually sorry im even thinking this way, but at this point , im not ruling out all the possibilities, because WE QUALIFY as far as our income is concerned..THEY EVEN calculated our check stubs and determined we make $36,000 combined.. the requirement is from $33,000-$38,000.. SO WHAT GIVES!? and every single comment i threw at them when i was defending myself that day we were disqualified, was knocked down , by them finding every possible way to prove us WRONG. Why not try to help people? NOT EVERYBODY is lying or trying to commit FRAUD!

Perhaps they are using the time to look closely at your appeal and look at your income. I got a call last nite around 8:30 that they wanna come to my apartment for an inspection tonight. So I'll will end this with positive thoughts for everyone. I have to clean LOL

Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 AM

wow congrats, im happy for you, im glad someone is getting their apt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery