Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 PM

267 posts, read 1,034,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_222 View Post
Hi the master is about 13.9 x 12.9 the 2nd room 10.5 x 10.9 the living 18.5 x12 those are estimated all the depend ont he floor plan you can go the website and see the different floor plans and the ceiling are between 10 - 12ft as well u can see it at website
"ceiling are between 10 - 12ft". Are you sure? AFAIK, only pre-war apartment buildings have that high ceiling. Many of them are Lankmarks.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 8,415 times
Default Silver Towers

Hello Angie , I have an interview coming up, I'm actually living in Phipps Housing, could u pleas brief about how the interview goes.
Hope to read soon from you

Quote:
I got approved i saw the apt which i was approved for a 2 bed/2bath ...the apt is not the same as Silvertowers.com the kitchen is not stainless steal is black and white it comes with dishwasher, microwave, stove and fridge. im going to sign the lease the view is beatiful i was assing to a 21st floor the windows are glass from ceiling to floor two full bath but like a said not the one from the website they are pretty that one that comes with come with washer and dryer and 3 extra closets it has central AC/HEAT and for the price leaving West 42nd st u can't beat that

Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM

4 posts, read 35,804 times
Default Advice Please!!!

Quote:
Hi i had apply i was approved for a 2 bedroom is depend on your income and family size im going to see the apartment on Monday March 8th, 2010 i wil post a quick reply about how the apartment looks
Hi Angie,

I am wondering if Silver Towers is still accepting application for affordable housing. Is their waiting list open? Do you have their office contact information? Thanks for the help!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 8,322 times
Hi,
Can anyone let me know what the income rate is for 1 household member? I applied a while ago and I forgot what the income limit was, since I have changed jobs and income has changed as well.
Is there a site where I can take a look at how the interior and exterior of River Place II looks like?

I appreciate all your help.
Thanks!

Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,941,951 times
I know someone who was one of the construction crew..and he told me that the walls an floors are PAPER THIN and they use the cheapest materials possible and he said its going to turn out that people are going to have A LOT of problems with the constuction / plumbing etc since it was a cheap azz job...recently when NYC had the bad wind and rain/snow windows were falling out and they had some problems with the roofing

Old 04-09-2010, 05:27 PM

56 posts, read 129,391 times
I was also approved for an low income apartment @ 505 w 37th st, they said someone from the city will call to view the apartment. how long does that take?

Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 PM

5 posts, read 36,468 times
Question for Angie_222 or Terisis:

- Approx. how long after your home visit did it take to receive word of approval? Further, did they schedule an apartment viewing at the same time or did you receive approval, then another call with the viewing date?

For Angie_222:

What was your log/reference number throughout the process? You should be able to find it on a letter or envelope from River Place Management.

That is all! Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:38 PM

123 posts, read 310,311 times
Hi My building has started a new pilot program to get the best tenants into 80/20 to encourage other buildings to become 80/20. I dont have to wait or the lottery. I chose River tower 2 as my first choice, then the OHM building, then another building in Brooklyn. It seems like the floorplans are the same from what i've read from your post. I'm likely gonna be moving to either a studio ,studio/alcove or 1 bedroom. I'm the only tenant. You wrote it isnt like the website. Can I inquire about the flooring and the kitchen? Do these apartments also have the indoor washer and dryers? I've tried looking for pictures and information about these particular apartments. Looking and forums and blogs to no avail. Thank you

Quote:
I got approved i saw the apt which i was approved for a 2 bed/2bath ...the apt is not the same as Silvertowers.com the kitchen is not stainless steal is black and white it comes with dishwasher, microwave, stove and fridge. im going to sign the lease the view is beatiful i was assing to a 21st floor the windows are glass from ceiling to floor two full bath but like a said not the one from the website they are pretty that one that comes with come with washer and dryer and 3 extra closets it has central AC/HEAT and for the price leaving West 42nd st u can't beat that

Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 PM

270 posts, read 749,082 times
hi , i received a letter to go in for management interview..they sent me a check list of what to bring.. I have already prepared every single item and have also made copies..since they require original and copies of all documents.. What are my chances? is this a slim possibility, or the fact that i received this , means , im highly probable to get an apartment. We are bunking with relatives, for a long time now, and we really need this .. lots of hopes up right now

We are going to be 4 people living in the apartment, Me , girlfriend and 2 kids ( boy 2yrs old and girl 7yrs old)
does it matter that both kids are of opposite sex at all? Will there a problem with them denying us, because we would then require 3 bedrooms? which they dont offer 3 only 2..but on the AD it said 2 bedrooms up to 4 people
Also i did bankruptcy exactly 10 years and 4 months ago, would this affect us? I have since established very good credit , i think im at 720 score,, and my girlfriend which has SUPERB credit will be the head of household by the way..also would teh fact that i have credit card debt up to about $8,000, would that affect me? i make 24K per year if that makes any difference.. , we meet the $30K requirement for 2 beds, she "reports" about $7K

thanks to any for help,, and if Angie can answer any of these, it would be helpful..
also how long from this 1st interview to actually getting actual lease handed to you ?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:12 PM

5 posts, read 36,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
Hi My building has started a new pilot program to get the best tenants into 80/20 to encourage other buildings to become 80/20. I dont have to wait or the lottery. I chose River tower 2 as my first choice, then the OHM building, then another building in Brooklyn. It seems like the floorplans are the same from what i've read from your post. I'm likely gonna be moving to either a studio ,studio/alcove or 1 bedroom. I'm the only tenant. You wrote it isnt like the website. Can I inquire about the flooring and the kitchen? Do these apartments also have the indoor washer and dryers? I've tried looking for pictures and information about these particular apartments. Looking and forums and blogs to no avail. Thank you

No waiting in line for the lottery? Exactly who manages your building and how did they get River Place along with the others to comply with them? That program sounds great (but I hope there isnt any corruption involved there.). I'm would assume there are units reserved only for that program, seperate from the lottery. If not, X would be skipping thousands of applicants, approved tenants & people on the building's waiting list. In any case, I wish you good fortune!

Secondly, I am certain of the following: you would receive a washer/dryer in these units. Wood Flooring occupies River Place II units. Both market-rate and affordable units.

On a lighter note, I certainly agree with that program's agenda. Great tenants derive from all income ranges. Moreover, Building owners should take advantage of the 80/20 program. It's in their favor as well. It drives more tenant/building occupancy to their developments while also receiving substantial tax-breaks.

------------

Last edited by rrhyno; 04-22-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.