Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,879,032 times

Advertisements

We don't hear much about it. So I'm calling for residents or those in the know to tell us what it's like living there, previous experiences with the development, how management is, crime, size of the apartments etc. I know they put up a NYPD tower on 3rd avenue across from the towers. What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 PM

47 posts, read 210,181 times
I have no clue what its like there, but if the NYPD put up a tower that means it was a crime hot spot.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 16,355 times
Yup, i've been here for 29 years and let me tell you that the only thing that messes up these complex are the people who sell drugs, rob the delivery man, dirty the hall ways and stairs. They always fighting, smoking and pissing in the stairs as well. Besides that they are beautiful apartments with 12 foot high ceilings, central air and heat, stairs within the apartments, extra large balcony, full bathroom and half bathroom. Gas and electric are included in the rent. O yea, section eight pays for 90% of the rent and the rest go's according to your net pay or welfare or ss checks.

Not to mention there's a health center, swimming pool, a crystal ballroom, senior citizen center, indoor parking, charter school, toro college, day care center, full court basket ball center, play ground, hardware store,spanish restaurant, laundromat and two grocery stores.

The manager, maria cruz try so hard to keep these tower from becoming projects that if the owner were to replace her these towers will be own by the city and be sent to become condominiums.

Maria cruz for years provided activities for these people and had hundreds of meeting but with no success. I tell you she's the best manager in the city along with the maintenance worker that should be making $100,000 a year because of how hard they work.

Maria should have a zero tolerance and move these people out when they violate the law, plane and simple.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-05-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 15,115 times
is this completely true on how they are treating the towers. do they really **** in the hallways ?

Old 10-12-2011, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 14,675 times
Hey i live in 116 street in housing am trying to move in the taino towers how long can it take ? And how can l apply ,, by the way alot of the projects in manhattan have made a big change .. The ones in the bronx call moot heaven patterson well almost all in the bronx is hell l use to live in the bronx and l move to manhattan is yea is a big different but yea i would like to move in the taino towers .. But dont know how plz help ..

Old 10-13-2011, 05:32 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
I am scratching my head. For SOME reason, the name TAINO TOWERS seems familiar but I have never ventured above 118th St. in East Harlem???? Perhaps I read something long ago when it was first built or perhaps I am mixing it up with the mixed disabled-deaf-poor tower in the East Village called TANYA TOWERS...I'm confused.

For anyone who wants some info, then and now on the joint, here's a good couple articles:

Taino: 'Dream' Housing For Poor Set To Open - City Limits Magazine - CityLimits.org

Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
They are pretty hard to miss. They are big and hideous.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 AM

499 posts, read 793,674 times
They look way better than the projects. I don't know about inside though.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxis28 View Post
They look way better than the projects. I don't know about inside though.
Depends on the pj. Taino towers are an eyesore.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Depends on the pj. Taino towers are an eyesore.

And I guess an eyesore on East 123 must REALLY be an eyesore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City