Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:35 PM

3 posts, read 35,827 times

Advertisements

Well, i must say taino towers once upon a time was a very nice, clean and respectful management team. But now, i have to say management is not all for the tenants. Ms cruz has changed over the years. You can only meet with her on a wednesday!!! Wow, what if you really need to speak with her. She used to be so available for the tenants. After carmen and martha have gone, the younger set seems so indifferent at times to tenants. There is no real 'caring' here and they need to keep an accurate account of a tenant's rent arrears, if any. They want to take you to court for b.s. At times and they are not on their job fixing and replacing things as they should. My daughter lives there and has complained numerous times about 'repairs'. Wow, so sad and even sadder that maria and her team are just 'bodies' in a building at times because not all really care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
i didnt see that when i went. they really need to work on the exterior of the towers, bring em back to life.
A reclad would serve them right, they are quite a landmark uptown.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Taino Towers? I'm guessing they have a large PR population from the name.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Taino Towers? I'm guessing they have a large PR population from the name.
At the time of construction, the community had a majority concentration of Puerto Ricans. They are still highly concentrated there today, though likely more a plurality then majority.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
At the time of construction, the community had a majority concentration of Puerto Ricans. They are still highly concentrated there today, though likely more a plurality then majority.
I'm pretty sure there still a majority though not quite as strong a majority as they used to be... Spanish Harlem even in 2011 had the highest overall percentage of Puerto Ricans at around I think it was 40-45%... This is including the already high black population mainly concentrated in the housing projects, the small but stable italian community, and the growing asain pop. from areas like Chinatown and LES...

Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 35,827 times
Taino towers was once an elegant and well maintained property. But when you start just letting anyone come in, there goes the property. Previous to maria cruz running it, the first set of personnel were more strict with renting. The building now has numerous maintenance/repair issues which they do not address in a timely and efficient manner. They are quick to bring a tenant to housing court but what about a tenant's living conditions. Molding, busted cabintry, flooding, heating issues. I mean really, they are getting govt assistance but something is gravely wrong and needs to be looked into.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
From what I have read the board resists any maintenance/rent increases resulting in the lack of any money for repairs. Only last year there was a near riot over the issue.

Here's a good background article:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...45368065,d.eWU

Old 06-17-2013, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,458 times
Default wAKE uP!

As a child I grew up in the projects across the street from Taino Towers (Wagner) but today was the first time that I was in a apartment at Taino's Tower. I was totally impressed with the size of the apartment 6 bedrooms. This apartment was more like an hose than an apartment. Just like everything else in life what you don't take care of will be taken away. People who work hard and take care of things should not be affected by people who do not care. Maybe not in my life time but Taino Towers is East Harlem's lil secret that can be bought and resold to the highest bidder. People of East Harlem better WAKE UP! We are where know one wanted to be 20 years ago We are PRIME now-a-days! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM

92 posts, read 230,420 times
I have walked passed it many-a-times en route to 125 st. The place is loaded with loiterers, drug activity and other undesirables at least in the surrounding areas. I never been inside the buildings or seen inside any the apartments so I can't speak on that. But I never heard of a 6 room apartment in NYC... A brownstone with 6 bedrooms, sure! but apartment? No.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 PM

34,016 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culdesac25 View Post
I have walked passed it many-a-times en route to 125 st. The place is loaded with loiterers, drug activity and other undesirables at least in the surrounding areas. I never been inside the buildings or seen inside any the apartments so I can't speak on that. But I never heard of a 6 room apartment in NYC... A brownstone with 6 bedrooms, sure! but apartment? No.
Sure they exist...there's 5 bedroom apartments in a complex a block away from me.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City