Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 5,433 times

Advertisements

Sell the place to a condo developer , and sell the apartments , get rid of the freeloaders that are giving the taino towers the bad name , and make the puerto rican people seem like we are all a bunch of pigs and drug dealers ,

there are hard working puerto ricans who would love to live at the taino towers ,start getting rid of the low lifes and start offering decent rents to the working class puerto ricans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NATIVE NEW YORKER 2 View Post
Sell the place to a condo developer , and sell the apartments , get rid of the freeloaders that are giving the taino towers the bad name , and make the puerto rican people seem like we are all a bunch of pigs and drug dealers ,

there are hard working puerto ricans who would love to live at the taino towers ,start getting rid of the low lifes and start offering decent rents to the working class puerto ricans...
I don't think that's ever gonna happen. As long as TT residents continue to recieve any form of assistance, Arco Management is going to welcome them, and let residents stay with open arms. What the smart thing to do would be, is to start letting some mid income families in, with no sort of assistance. That would probably take care of some of the structual and interior neglect of the towers if funds are properly allocated. I also believe Arco Management needs to be let go. All of the Towers looming problems can't be the fault of the residents. Anytime you have non working elevators in a Tower as grandiose as those, people need to be fired.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Not always TENANTS at fault:

Quote:
The first Enterprise Corruption indictment charges MARVIN GOLD MANAGEMENT CO., INC., (now
known as JANSL, Inc.), its President, MARVIN GOLD, its Vice President, JEFFREY C. GOLD, building
managers ANGELO SCUDIERO, DENNIS CHALEFF, FRANK GALIZIA, HUMBERTO SANTOS,
JOHN ABRAHAM, BERNARD EHRLICH, THOMAS HAGAN and STEVEN WEINGARTERN, and
co-op board member SHELDON LIEBERMAN. The indictment charges that these defendants, acting as a
criminal enterprise ("THE GOLD GROUP"), defrauded the residents and shareholders of 26 cooperatives
they managed of more than $1.7 million.
The investigation disclosed that MARVIN GOLD led the corrupt enterprise and received kickbacks directly
from contractors doing work at buildings managed by his firm and shared kickbacks paid to his employees.
JEFFREY GOLD (no relation to MARVIN GOLD) acted as the coordinator of the criminal enterprise in
splitting kickbacks between on-site managers and himself and MARVIN GOLD; the traditional split of the 10%
received from a contractor was supposed to be 5% for the on-site manager and 5% for "the office," i.e. the firm's
hierarchy.
For example, at Taino Towers, a HUD Section 8 subsidized low-income residence located in East Harlem,
Manhattan, MARVIN GOLD and JEFF GOLD received kickbacks totaling almost $200,000.
At Dayton
Towers, a large apartment complex in the Rockaways, Queens, which was developed under the Mitchell-Lama
program with a low interest HUD mortgage, the kickbacks paid to defendant ANGELO SCUDIERO, and
shared with others in the GOLD criminal enterprise, amounted to over $1 million.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I am scratching my head. For SOME reason, the name TAINO TOWERS seems familiar but I have never ventured above 118th St. in East Harlem???? Perhaps I read something long ago when it was first built or perhaps I am mixing it up with the mixed disabled-deaf-poor tower in the East Village called TANYA TOWERS...I'm confused.

For anyone who wants some info, then and now on the joint, here's a good couple articles:

Taino: 'Dream' Housing For Poor Set To Open - City Limits Magazine - CityLimits.org
if you're in the bronx, if you stand on morris ave by western beef, and look south, you'll spot the towers.

Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garymarte45 View Post
Hey i live in 116 street in housing am trying to move in the taino towers how long can it take ? And how can l apply ,, by the way alot of the projects in manhattan have made a big change .. The ones in the bronx call moot heaven patterson well almost all in the bronx is hell l use to live in the bronx and l move to manhattan is yea is a big different but yea i would like to move in the taino towers .. But dont know how plz help ..
they accept applications once every 10 years

Old 12-10-2011, 10:40 AM

as far as the interior of the apartments, i've heard different. a lot of people say the apartments are beautiful, with great views. i've heard a lot about poor maintenance, and during the winter, heat problems plague a lot of the units.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I LOVE the term "MOOT HEAVEN!"

Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I LOVE the term "MOOT HEAVEN!"
mott haven is the worst.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM

recently perused taino towers. they're renovating the elevators. it wasn't as hoodtastic as i thought it would be. i need to see the inside of an apartment.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnellespice235 View Post
is this completely true on how they are treating the towers. do they really **** in the hallways ?
i didnt see that when i went. they really need to work on the exterior of the towers, bring em back to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City