Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 PM

11 posts, read 16,439 times

Advertisements

Are they jealous of our success, that we come here with more education, money, power, then they have? As far as taking "Pride and soul" out of the city, I would say NYC is more well known now then ever(Thanks to US), Bloomberg loves US, and we are taking over. Thats life, cities change, neighborhoods change, learn to live with it!!! We should be able to live together!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:10 PM

224 posts, read 1,085,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDudeFromThe619 View Post
Are they jealous of our success, that we come here with more education, money, power, then they have? As far as taking "Pride and soul" out of the city, I would say NYC is more well known now then ever(Thanks to US), Bloomberg loves US, and we are taking over. Thats life, cities change, neighborhoods change, learn to live with it!!! We should be able to live together!
Pretty self explanatory to why we hate you, just re-read your post.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 PM

80 posts, read 174,466 times
I don't hate transplants, I love em'. Diversity, money, education? If it wasn't for the transplants there would be no drive to create the greenways and other city improvements we now have.

Keep coming and keep making this city more urban, green, and pedi-centric. Screw the haters.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
I dont hate transplants like that , however I like to havw sex with out of town girls though. There good stuff compared to the damage goods of the locals. The only problem with the transplants is with securings jobs and the competetion. Many of my native friends have ba bs like myself and stuck at a above par wagw job while transplants get hired and are favored bt many employers and its sad. Its more sad that many of these employers are paying trNsplants similar wages as back home in dixie land or kansas. Also more sad that they bunk up with roomates and pay insanely inflated rents for a shoebox apt in the hippest parts of town, is it worth it? As for culture and soul, every where in america has soul and character. Nyc has alot soul and vibe and its dying of course because of transplants and immigrants. Look at the south look at how many non african americans move down south and we bring our customs, catholic creed liberal ideology to the bible belt, it wont fit well with native southners. When I visited nc last year many did not like nyers and it was worse if you were rican or italian the blacks had it easier due to religous and family ties/association. Thanks to this great economic crisis everyone wants to move and communities across the union will drasticlly change. I too hope someday I will leave nyc and become a transplant. When I do I will do my best to assimilate and adapt to the land norms, customs of region, town or city. I wonder if transplants give birth to a child in nyc, will that kid have a nyc accent? As for transplants segregating themselves from everyday nyers will create more damage then good. It creates polarization.

A final tidbit I only drink starbucks outside of nyc. I love my coffee from a deli in that blue paper cup. And I dont use apple products, I eat them, and when im done I throw the apple out the window or into my garbage bin which is shaped like an android.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 07-19-2011 at 12:00 AM..

Old 07-18-2011, 11:54 PM

11 posts, read 16,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolchris4000b View Post
Pretty self explanatory to why we hate you, just re-read your post.
We hate you New Yorkers back!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
another hilarious poster... skidude your head is filled with the air that inflates your ego... just like someone said if you re-read your post again and now i know this will be hard but try to remove yourself from the conversation... you'll realize how egotistical and selfish you sounded just now...

"why do you hate us?... NY is more known thanks to us, Bloomberg loves us and we taking over..." lets learn to live together... wow, and you call us idiots...

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Right.... Maybe thats because we actually worked hard for it. You know nothing!
Whatever trustfundbaby, I worked for mines.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 AM

224 posts, read 1,085,017 times
Quote:
Right.... Maybe thats because we actually worked hard for it. You know nothing!
What do you know about the real world?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 AM

546 posts, read 1,176,537 times
I think that native New Yorkers do not like transplants because when they move in, they end up getting rid of established cultures that are there. Many people who live in New York have established there own communities, and transplants destroy them because when they move in, landlords are allowed to charge higher rents in order to make big cash out of the rich transplants who want to come in. That in turn causes the poorer native NYers to be outcharged out of their own neighborhood that they've lived in for decades. Wouldn't that make you mad if that happened to you? Many of the transplants who come here are because of the media like Sex and the City which makes lots of them want to live the TV life. Most desire the idea of city life after decades of suburbanization they are tired of it. The problem with it, is that there isn't enough supply and New York City is the only city that is the ultimate urban experience many transplants crave. The best thing would have been if we could give the transplants the urban experience they crave by building Manhattan-type enviornments in neighboring counties for them to live in instead of displacing those already living in there. So that natives and transplants don't have to compete with each other and result in destroying communities. I certainly would have wanted that to give transplants what they want without destroying communities and raising the cost of NYC too high.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,247,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I dont hate transplants like that , however I like to havw sex with out of town girls though. There good stuff compared to the damage goods of the locals.
lol!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City