Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:24 PM

30 posts, read 62,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknycc View Post
Thank you SC49.

I saw the sample room for rent apartment has no door where washer and dryer. Do you have low log # ? I heard they still doing interview . ... longer waiting may getting high floor .
Don't know if my log #1xxx would be consider high or low.
Where did you see the sample room?
Are you waiting for 1bedroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM

24 posts, read 45,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc49 View Post
Don't know if my log #1xxx would be consider high or low.
Where did you see the sample room?
Are you waiting for 1bedroom?

I saw sample room from pictures .
Yes I am still waiting for i bedroom after interview , still don't know how long takes . anyone has more info?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknycc View Post
I saw sample room from pictures .
Yes I am still waiting for i bedroom after interview , still don't know how long takes . anyone has more info?
I had my interview back in november, and was given an apt in July. I don't think there's a specific time range.You should call them for an update.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 AM

270 posts, read 748,832 times
Quote:
I had my interview back in november, and was given an apt in July. I don't think there's a specific time range.You should call them for an update.
jeez thats a long time, but the wait paid off. I got extremely lucky with my apartment. From the time of SENDING the application in the mail, to handed keys and lease was approximately 3 months TOTAL. Never heard of or been in DUMBO , BK until now, and I absolutely LOVE the neighborhood and this building. PLus its the first stop in brooklyn on any of these trains , A, C and F . Very easy access to anywhere in Manhattan, and by car easy access to highways and bridges.

Congratulations to those who have gotten their apartments at 440w42..I know they are tough to get into. If its meant to be, it will be yours.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulya View Post
I haved my interview back on November..but home visit in April..cause I was submited my last paystabs more than 6 monts.My new staubs was higher than older stubs..but I was lucky cause was changed income requiments..
Hello Gulya,
Did they ask you for more paystubs at signing of lease? If paystubs changed , do they reevaluate your status or can you just be rejected?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
jeez thats a long time, but the wait paid off. I got extremely lucky with my apartment. From the time of SENDING the application in the mail, to handed keys and lease was approximately 3 months TOTAL. Never heard of or been in DUMBO , BK until now, and I absolutely LOVE the neighborhood and this building. PLus its the first stop in brooklyn on any of these trains , A, C and F . Very easy access to anywhere in Manhattan, and by car easy access to highways and bridges.

Congratulations to those who have gotten their apartments at 440w42..I know they are tough to get into. If its meant to be, it will be yours.
Thank you Emulator!!
Saw pictures of your apartment and its great. Also it is so cool they didn't modify the apartment just because of the lottery.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umg123 View Post
so after waiting the 3months or from the last time you went to the first interview when they asked for bank statments and paystubs, when they called you to look at the apartment they asked for more paystubs? I just want to confirm. I literally just got a new job and i'm afraid ill be disqualified after waiting this long =(. I think I had my home visit a week after you did.
They want an update of your income before the signing

Old 07-27-2011, 03:29 PM

270 posts, read 748,832 times
[quote=sc49;20201091]Thank you Emulator!!
Saw pictures of your apartment and its great. Also it is so cool they didn't modify the apartment just because of the lottery

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I first viewed the apartment and noticed all stainless appliances, and washer /dryer in a closed closet with a vent on top for when u close it and wash.
Here's a quick update on our progress filling up the place, we just added counter stools, a dining table, a bar to put glasses and bottles in.

please dont mind the constant pics updates lol, When I joined this forum , I always wanted people to show pics of these apartments and never saw anyone really post stuff..so I said to myself, If I ever get one of these apts I'd post some pics as I'm sure there might be others out there wondering how they look

Last edited by emulator; 07-27-2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM

24 posts, read 45,201 times
Quote:
Hi sc49 ,

yes , someone called me today for update my bank statements again . when are you going to move in ? are you up 20 floors ?

Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 AM

43 posts, read 95,328 times
Quote:
Hello Gulya,
Did they ask you for more paystubs at signing of lease? If paystubs changed , do they reevaluate your status or can you just be rejected?
Yes they ask your paystubs at signing of lease. I was lucky because my paystubs increased over max of income and agent told I was gotten lease because the maximum of income for those appartments changed as well also.You have to ask about reevaluation from person who you submited all yours paystabs. Good luck for U!!! I was so nervous when I go trough that.I still can't believied I got this amazing place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City