Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 PM

270 posts, read 748,704 times

Advertisements

I agree with Jkid, I randomly received my interviews ( and was lucky to even get a response at all). For example the midtown west apartments. which I just went to the interview today, I sent in like April 2010 I think..so 6 months..but the interview I have tomorrow for 312 eleventh ave apts, I sent APRIL of 2009!! I got lucky and got interviews together, same week, a day apart lol..
My 1st one was going great until they got to the income.. we went over their max by $300 which completely SUCKS. I already prepared my appeal.. because they're basing my next 12 months income on my last 6 paystubs, which in my case is simply not fair because.. 3/4 of the year i work less hours and the last 1/4 of the year.. like NOW..i work slightly more... I have documents ready to provide to them showing my weekly gross pay trend throughout a 3 year span..hopefully they consider it and re-establish my application..EVERYTHING else was FINE..except that..ARGH!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 08:53 PM

82 posts, read 192,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
Nope Nada Zilch Squat :-( But, for some reason I just feel like they aren't going to send them out until like next month
Yeah I'm starting to feel the same *sigh* .. just like what jkid said its probably going to take some time. I was just thinking about when they said they were going to begin the lottery and that was for sept.13 but then changed it to sept.21. So you never really know if they will change the time when the expect people to move in. Also since its like a big secret on how the complex will look on the inside ... I mean they don't even give you an idea of the apartment layouts so I guess we should try hard not to let it get to us .

@Emulator, I think you should definitely appeal that is crazy I mean of course paychecks are going to look different around this time of the year its holiday season. Most employers are giving extra time plus holiday pay its just not fair that they don't take these things into consideration when making their rules. Hopefully your next interview will go much better.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 AM

45 posts, read 161,354 times
Hmmm I guess you guys are right, I wont hold my breath anymore lol Ill check once every 2 weeks to see if you guys received word instead of checking once a day :-D heh

Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkjoj View Post
Hmmm I guess you guys are right, I wont hold my breath anymore lol Ill check once every 2 weeks to see if you guys received word instead of checking once a day :-D heh
Lol that sounds like the best thing to do for now *sigh* but I still can't help wishing a letter came in the mail like today! lol I'm still hoping for something sooner than soon...

@Emulator, hey any good news with the interview??

Old 10-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelsquare View Post
Lol that sounds like the best thing to do for now *sigh* but I still can't help wishing a letter came in the mail like today! lol I'm still hoping for something sooner than soon...

@Emulator, hey any good news with the interview??
hey thanks for asking..but unfortunately it didnt go good either..I expected it ..but read this i posted over at the riverplace II forum, copy and paste of my own words :

well, 2nd interview went even worse..as far as the income..they are SO unfair really.. out of my 6 pay stubs..1 of them was like $120 lower in gross pay.. they said they CANNOt use it in their average..cuz its different than the rest..WOW what jerks.. so they averaged 5 stubs and it was EVEN higher than yesterdays projected income..by about $1000! in TOTAL we went over the $38,400 by about $1650!! wow..this is just ridiculous how insanely difficult they make it to qualify. And yet again, the calculations of the ACTUAL year to date was much lower..which would've made us fall WELL within range and even a few GRAND to spare..but no..they have to use the HIGHEST possible amount they can find. I'll of course be appealing BOTH..with the same argument of OVER calculated income. I will also include 2 future pay stubs.. since I have 2 weeks to appeal.. which will definitely show lower gross pays. UGH!! 3 big opportunities in a matter of 6 months all FAILED. I'm very disappointed.. but will just hope for the best in my appeals.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,904 times
Yea please dont check everyday !!! Major no no

Plus which i forgot to put in there..but what Emulator stated..theres a VERY good possibility that you will NOT hear anything back from them at all. I know it sucks to read this but i'm just being honest. Ask anyone whose applied to many lotteries and they'll tell you..most times due to the overwhelming amount of applications they receive..a development will ONLY contact those they want to interview...very few developments will contact you if you were not chosen and explain to you why...but MOST do not.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hey thanks for asking..but unfortunately it didnt go good either..I expected it ..but read this i posted over at the riverplace II forum, copy and paste of my own words :

well, 2nd interview went even worse..as far as the income..they are SO unfair really.. out of my 6 pay stubs..1 of them was like $120 lower in gross pay.. they said they CANNOt use it in their average..cuz its different than the rest..WOW what jerks.. so they averaged 5 stubs and it was EVEN higher than yesterdays projected income..by about $1000! in TOTAL we went over the $38,400 by about $1650!! wow..this is just ridiculous how insanely difficult they make it to qualify. And yet again, the calculations of the ACTUAL year to date was much lower..which would've made us fall WELL within range and even a few GRAND to spare..but no..they have to use the HIGHEST possible amount they can find. I'll of course be appealing BOTH..with the same argument of OVER calculated income. I will also include 2 future pay stubs.. since I have 2 weeks to appeal.. which will definitely show lower gross pays. UGH!! 3 big opportunities in a matter of 6 months all FAILED. I'm very disappointed.. but will just hope for the best in my appeals.
Wow I'm sorry to hear that emulator I was really wishing the best for you but obviously these people make it really hard when it comes to the income factor...what I don't really get is where exactly do they get these set income mininum-maximum amounts anyway? *Sigh*...hope things turn out better with your appeal that is really messed up...

Old 10-20-2010, 10:27 AM

hey thanks for your thoughts.. Im sorry if I'm using a copy and paste of my own words..but Here is my own words from the river place II thread.. Im keeping them updated on my status there as well..so I'll just repeat what I said there.. :

"haha thanks I will..I'm actual glad that my upcoming check this week will be 18 hours and the following will be around 17, I'm going to use those 2 new stubs with my appeal.. what killed me is that 5 out of the 6 checks I submitted to them at the time of the interview all had an average of 22 hours..which when they calculated the average..brought us over the max by a measly $300... Im hoping they consider these NEW stubs into the calculation ..which should substantially lower our annual projected income to a more REALISTIC amount."

Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hey thanks for your thoughts.. Im sorry if I'm using a copy and paste of my own words..but Here is my own words from the river place II thread.. Im keeping them updated on my status there as well..so I'll just repeat what I said there.. :

"haha thanks I will..I'm actual glad that my upcoming check this week will be 18 hours and the following will be around 17, I'm going to use those 2 new stubs with my appeal.. what killed me is that 5 out of the 6 checks I submitted to them at the time of the interview all had an average of 22 hours..which when they calculated the average..brought us over the max by a measly $300... Im hoping they consider these NEW stubs into the calculation ..which should substantially lower our annual projected income to a more REALISTIC amount."
$300?! Thats really unfair.. don't give up because I believe you have a chance especially since your hours vary if only you could get a letter from your employer stating that then they just can't deny you.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 PM

yeah , my employer does not want to do that for me unfortunately, because its a legal document with the company's letterhead...and they do not want to get held against anything they sign like that in the future..It's fedex..they wanna cover their asses..I told them I'll sign something, stating that I will not hold them liable or anything in the future..but they've had too many lawsuits from employees in the past..that they will not give me something like that. BUT, the next 2 paystubs I have coming up will prove to them my hours vary each week.. so if they use the 2 new ones along with 4 of the previous ones and average them out.. my project income will be lower.. for example..if they use these 6 stubs..they'll have 3 of them with 22 hours..and 3 of them with 17-18 hours... when they add them up and average ..they should come up with a lower weekly average
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City