Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 05:25 AM

507 posts, read 689,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucknerChick View Post
moneboo, I applied for a one bedroom.... I just don't know what to do... I'm running out of patients but I 'am just going to wait...
yeahh..deal with CCMANAGERS..see what they can do for you.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 AM

317 posts, read 578,727 times
deli......w/o some source of income idk what your cousins chances are on getting an apt. Especially now that they're doing away with all of these government programs. If she didnt already have a program she can forget it. I have a neighbor that gets the advantage program and now that program is being terminated by the city so now shes planning on going back into the shelter because she has no income and only has to pay 50$ towards her rent but her complete rent is 962$. If you take a walk 1 block over to St. Ann's you'll see the new buildings they put up. No ones moved in yet but when I checked it out online they're affordable housing for low/middle income people and it also said that 20% of those apts will be designated to people in the shelters. So maybe you can look into that for your cousin.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 AM

185 posts, read 243,017 times
Deli,

give me the contact name at CC managers. I have spoken to dorian but he's like lost himself...

Old 07-21-2011, 07:45 AM

185 posts, read 243,017 times
@ stephanie thanks !!!

Old 07-21-2011, 08:17 AM

brucknerchick.... I'm sending the pics now to your email through my phone.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 AM

365 posts, read 502,104 times
So, I come to work this morning and I'm listening to messages and reading e-mails and decide..."Hey..let me give Bruckner a call and see what's going on." This is at approx. 9:30 this monring...So I call them up, and ask to speak to Sandra. She comes on like 3 minutes later. She tells me that she was supposed to call me again today.....*side eye*...so I ignore that and ask her what's going on with the app. She tells me that the state sent back my employment report AGAIN, saying that it was from me. At this point I'm beyond fed up. I recieved the employment report the week that I went for my interview. Had it filled out and sent it in via fax. They said that it had to be turned in by my employer. Ok, I had them write a cover letter on city letterhead and faxed it over. And they STILL said that it wasn't acceptable. So this morning, I went to HR and asked the wonderful lady if she could fax it over. Sandra even SPOKE to her and confirmed that she was sending this document. She both faxed it and mailed in the original copy. So this afternoon I will call them again to verify that it was sent and I say Monday morning I will call and see what's the status. Apparently this paperwork get verified quickly because I sent in a copy on Monday and on Wednesday, I was told that I had to re-submit. Overall, it seems they're doing what they have to...however, I don't know if its because they're dealing with a large amount of people so they're backed up or what. My hope is that by next week everything will be completed and I'll be called to pick the apartment. This ish is beyond stressful. Too much is going on right now, and what I don't like is that I have to call them and them not calling me. It seems like each time I call its, "Oh yeah, I was going to call you today". I may be on point at all times, but damn! Each time I call is the time you were going to call. I dunno guys....all I can do is wait and see at this point. I just want this stuff handled before vacation so I can relax and come home and just pack and go. But clearly, that's not happening.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 AM

I know its frustrating. I hate the " I meant to call you" b.s. Just be patient. Remember they are dealing with maybe hundreds of files in addition to still conducting interviews. Then they have people like yourself calling for status updates. Maybe they need a more efficient system. Dont get worried because people that may have interviewed with/after you have already viewed their apts or have signed their leases. You dont know what their situations may have been that led to things moving alot quicker for them. Just keep sending them what they need followed by phones calls. She'll get tired of hearing from you and want to get you into your apt just as bad as you want to get into it.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM

So true Steph...
Its just frustrating. Like I said..trying to have everything in order.
But that obviously isn't gonna happen before my getaway....

Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 PM

6 posts, read 7,318 times
Hi,

Does anyone have any pics of a unit at Bruckner by the Bridge, specifically, Building C. i spoke with Sandra on the phone, and she basically confirmed the move in date was Sept. 1, like everyone has been saying.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM

I wish I had some pics. When I went there for my interview, I was shown a two bedroom model instead of a one bedroom because all one bedrooms were occupied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery