Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:37 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge29 View Post
Why? I don`t said nothing bad about black people. I am respect their, as any race or ethnic. I heard from different people what that neighborhood dangerous for white people. I am not trusted to them opinions. Also I heard other opinions what that neighborhood are ok. And I decided ask in internet other opinions. It is need for me.
There are loads of white people that live in Crown Heights that don't have any problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
wow smh. to be honest that is just insane coincidence. White people barely get killed in crown heights. type rare really.
True, that lanudromat is the one that I go to and I have never heard of an incident occuring there. In fact, I have never heard of an incident occurring around that particular stretch of Troy. Sad news though.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
I could of sworn Bed Stuy and Crown Heights would be more expensive then Brighton Beach...with gentrification and all.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 AM

255 posts, read 882,129 times
Omg I can actually hear his accent as I read...I love this.
Very entertaining!
To the OP, hope you find an apt soon.
It doesn't matter what the color of anyones skin is, if you like the area or feel you can survive..then go for it.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 PM

22 posts, read 63,659 times
1) Whites all look pretty much the same to blacks, so being eastern euro won't help you.

2) Crime is crime, no matter what you look like.

3) Stay out of Crown Heights and Bed Stuy. They are cesspools, as is that whole mid-northern/eastern section of Brooklyn. I recommend Flatbush or East Flatbush, if you want a reasonable (Caribbean dominated) low-cost black neighborhood. Here's a map. Orange is blacks per the 2010 census. Blues are crime rates per police precinct. Darker is higher crime:

Old 12-29-2010, 04:57 AM

11 posts, read 34,177 times
No surprise here! Lol. Statistics don't lie!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtlefrombk View Post
No surprise here! Lol. Statistics don't lie!
True, that. But my real point was you can find lower-crime black neighborhoods.

Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 PM

I just noticed there's a white enclave in what could be called southern Crown Heights/Wingate.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
I know its not Brooklyn, but Far Rockaway actually has a small Russian population, nobody bothers them and they live in the hood. There was actually a Russian deli/bakery on Beach 20th some years back, but it closed down. But the Russians love the cold winters and proximity to the water out here. And they get along just fine.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,326 times
Any neighborhood can be dangerous, regardless of ethnic/racial makeup. You obviously have been negatively influenced by the western media that depicts minorities, blacks in particular as bad. Some neighborhoods are not as safe as others, but it is more likely due to socioeconomics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City