Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times

Advertisements

Mark my words. After seeing todays poll, it really solidified it for me. Now I am not in the education field, so I am sure some of you on here who are will have your opinions on the matter. But this woman doesn't seem like the type who can be in the spotlight and ignore basically the entire city having negative opinions of her.

So I don't care what astronomical salary she makes. I am 100% sure she will resign at some point in the near future. I'll bump this thread when it happens, and city-data can make me a mod for being so perceptive.

Poll: NY1 Exclusive: Schools Chancellor Cathie Black's Approval Rating Dips Further - NY1.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
The fact that her approval rating is in the toilet means absolutely nothing. There was a concerted effort to smear her even before she was actually brought on because the unions did not like losing control and wanted someone from the Union or pro-Union. It doesn't matter who Bloomie brought in, the net effect would be the same: We don't want you.

The fact that she has a low approval rating for me means she is doing something right. If you are not stirring the pot and ruffling feathers then you are simply a mouthpiece and part of the problem, not the solution. The same thing happened with Patterson when he "dared" to hold people accountable, demanded change in Albany, and did not yield to Union demands...he was simply smeared, misinformation was spread, and his approval rating was in the toilet. They mean nothing other than people are trying to do the right thing and are crucified by special interests who want to keep status quo and line their pockets/maintain power.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The fact that her approval rating is in the toilet means absolutely nothing. There was a concerted effort to smear her even before she was actually brought on because the unions did not like losing control and wanted someone from the Union or pro-Union. It doesn't matter who Bloomie brought in, the net effect would be the same: We don't want you.

The fact that she has a low approval rating for me means she is doing something right. If you are not stirring the pot and ruffling feathers then you are simply a mouthpiece and part of the problem, not the solution. The same thing happened with Patterson when he "dared" to hold people accountable, demanded change in Albany, and did not yield to Union demands...he was simply smeared, misinformation was spread, and his approval rating was in the toilet. They mean nothing other than people are trying to do the right thing and are crucified by special interests who want to keep status quo and line their pockets/maintain power.

Unions this, unions that blah blah blah. I know where you stand.

The fact is that I will be a mod one day, and you will have to bow to me

Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM

If you are pinning your hopes on becoming a mod to saction me, or even ban me..good luck. It was done before, over and over, and they bowed to me. =)

Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
If you are pinning your hopes on becoming a mod to saction me, or even ban me..good luck. It was done before, over and over, and they bowed to me. =)

Oh I wouldn't ban you or saNction you. I would indeed have some fun though...

Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Damn, I prolly shouldn't have said that

Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
grant516

n/a posts
Quote:

... and Patterson worked out great. Right?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 PM

He could have...he was the only person interested in balancing the budget and putting his money where his mouth was by holding legislators accountable and not allowing the corruption and business as usual to infect the process. And the special interests were threatened by this and as a result unleashed the usual media blitz of misinformation and lies to sink Patterson.

So to answer your question, it did not work out for Patterson because he foolishly wanted to actually make things better instead of status quo...and was crucified for it..and Bloomberg, and anyone else going up against special interests, suffer the same problems.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:44 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
I certainly hope Cathie Black is gone soon.She is a total disaster.It's not because she is "stirring the pot and ruffling feathers",it's because she is doing NOTHING.I would love it if she were stirring the pot and ruffling feathers but that's not what is happening.She shows up at public meetings looking like a deer caught in the headlights,usually has to have someone else answer questions and frankly,looks glassy eyed and hung over a lot of the time.I have seen her in person and it makes me sad that someone who knows nothing about education is in her position.Her appointment was a big mistake.Even Bloomberg can make mistakes and this is a big one.

Her ratings keep going down every time she appears in public.Nobody has any respect for her whatsoever,that's the biggest problem.Klein wasn't all that popular either but he was actually much more popular than Black and even some of his detractors admired him and some feared him.He commanded a certain respect.People just consider Black a buffoon.

Bloomberg should dump her if he wants to continue trying to make changes in the system because she is a liability,not an asset.

Last edited by bluedog2; 04-05-2011 at 03:13 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM

248 posts, read 872,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I certainly hope Cathie Black is gone soon.She is a total disaster.It's not because she is "stirring the pot and ruffling feathers",it's because she is doing NOTHING.I would love it if she were stirring the pot and ruffling feathers but that's not what is happening.She shows up at public meetings looking like a deer caught in the headlights,usually has to have someone else answer questions and frankly,looks glassy eyed and hung over a lot of the time.I have seen her in person and it makes me sad that someone who knows nothing about education is in her position.Her appointment was a big mistake.Even Bloomberg can make mistakes and this is a big one.

Her ratings keep going down every time she appears in public.Nobody has any respect for her whatsoever,that's the biggest problem.Klein wasn't all that popular either but he was actually much more popular than Black and even some of his detractors admired him and some feared him.He commanded a certain respect.People just consider Black a buffoon.

Bloomberg should dump her if he wants to continue trying to make changes in the system because she is a liability,not an asset.
You took the words right out of my mouth!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City