Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM

285 posts, read 868,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
I really hate that this City is overcrowded and that there are too many cars on the road. I also hate that things are getting really expensive.
What bugs me is spending so much money on a place but not being able to was clothes in your own apartment. Icky laundry rooms are my least favorite place to clean clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 PM

395 posts, read 1,214,557 times
I am beginning to very much dislike the MTA. Greg Mocker only seems to be adding fuel to the fire every night he uncovers some more dirt on them. This past weekend there were so many train disruptions it was crazy, and the shuttle J running between Fulton and Essex confused the hell out of everyone.
I don't mind the high prices, I have lived here all my life (except for a brief stint in Jacksonville, Fl) so I have always been accustomed to paying more for things than the average American.
I guess the last thing is:
When ever you are in a hurry to get somewhere, there are mad people in the way, the trains are late/there are no cabs around or there is a long line wherever you are waiting.
But let you not be in a hurry, and its like driving into the city via the Lincoln Tunnel with no traffic (happened to me only once, I was prepared to sit in Friday night traffic, and there was NONE). The train comes just as you get on the platform, a cab comes out of no where the second you put your hand in the air to hail one and no tourist get in your way.

Ok, the absolute last thing. The waitress at Elaine's (which is closing next week) who told me how much her tip was going to be. After that incident, it happened three other times in midtown dinners. All four waiters received either a penny or a ripped dollar

Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyslp View Post
What bugs me is spending so much money on a place but not being able to was clothes in your own apartment. Icky laundry rooms are my least favorite place to clean clothes.
That reminds of an articlr I read from amny some months ago about those two transplants who moved to hells kitchen tenement with no built in laundry and no laundromat for then a mile radius unless you have built in laundry in your building. These two transplants had to wash clothes by hand in the bathtub. Welcome to ny.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
PIGEONS. Never been attacked by them though. If anyone has been attacked by them share the experience. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you hate most about NYC?-woman_attacked_by_pigeons.png  

Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
These two transplants had to wash clothes by hand in the bathtub.
Well, it works that way too!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyslp View Post
I've always wondered why NYC is centered around laundromats as well...in other parts of the country, it's somewhat standard to have a washer/dryer in the apt. you rent. There must be an explanation behind this.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 AM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
pigeons. Never been attacked by them though. If anyone has been attacked by them share the experience. Thanks.
lmao

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-18-2011 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaosaurus View Post
When ever you are in a hurry to get somewhere, there are mad people in the way, the trains are late/there are no cabs around or there is a long line wherever you are waiting.
But let you not be in a hurry, and its like driving into the city via the Lincoln Tunnel with no traffic (happened to me only once, I was prepared to sit in Friday night traffic, and there was NONE). The train comes just as you get on the platform, a cab comes out of no where the second you put your hand in the air to hail one and no tourist get in your way.

lol... yup. i've noticed this for years.. i guess it's the universe telling you to budget your time and not procrastinate to the best of your ability

Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
PIGEONS. Never been attacked by them though. If anyone has been attacked by them share the experience. Thanks.
Never did but I hate getting [dropped] on

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-18-2011 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: language

Old 05-18-2011, 11:50 AM
s06

105 posts, read 256,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Never did but I hate getting dropped on
Aww. Even the New York City pigeons are rude.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-18-2011 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City