Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM

23 posts, read 63,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBlueNY View Post
Easy...

The MTA.

Worst public transportation EVER. I don't care that it runs 24 hours. It is AWFUL.

Here here!!!!! I will drink to that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 AM

23 posts, read 63,220 times
How much in love I am with the this city is what I hate most.

I am absolutely sprung on it and it has not always been nice.

This city has caused me tears and smile, pain and joy, responsible for ending a relationship with my one of my first loves and live in BFs, and has ruined any chance of me giving another city a chance to live in. I will always fight for it and always choose it regardless how bad or good it treats me.

Being sprung sucks ....lol

Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM

499 posts, read 793,814 times
I hate most of things already mentioned n the thread, but I live with it since the city carries an air of optimism that things will get better. And they are, slowly; except for the COL!

But unfortunately the longer you stay here, the things you dislike really start wearing you down. Either way, I'll be a New Yorker forever. I might take a 2 year vacation from it however.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,292 times
this is kinda offtopic but the f#ck is this? Can anyone explain? I can understand women doing it, but wtf @ the dudes, I don't wanna see that gay sh1t
No pants subway ride new york 2012 - YouTube

Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,142,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
this is kinda offtopic but the f#ck is this? I can understand women doing it, but wtf @ the dudes, I don't wanna see that gay sh1t
I'm sure that's what girls say about you.

Last edited by skilldeadly; 07-17-2012 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I'm sure that's what girls say about you.
wat u talkin bout? I don't parade with my pants off

Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 PM

431 posts, read 659,586 times
The rents are to damn high and the poor and middle class is begin forced out the city. Who really is paying all this money for rent. I'm ranting because I'm looking for an apartment and its very expensive.

I watch the HGTV show Selling New York and it make me sick. lol...

Last edited by mesa1974; 07-17-2012 at 02:13 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post
The rents are to damn high and the poor and middle class is begin forced out the city. Who really is paying all this money for rent. I'm ranting because I'm looking for an apartment and its very expensive.

I watch the HGTV show Selling New York and it make me sick. lol...
It has always been expensive. But it's gotten to the point now where it's just insane. It's hard to focus on art, on being creative, on just enjoying LIFE... when you are constantly worrying about money. I wish more could be done to retain the middle class of NYC. I believe enticing these people to move away will be something the city may regret in the future. Many of these individuals are what gives NYC its color, character, and vibrancy. It is sad to see them being forced to leave, they have much to contribute. I still love the city, I just think it's sort of a natural cycle we're in the middle of. Wall Street will not be able to hold onto its grip it has now forever. People have become much too aware of what is happening there. NYC is a place in constant transition, any true New Yorker knows that. It will just be good to see it become more welcoming of ordinary people. Hopefully within the next decade with luck and better elected leaders. It has to be a place for everyone, that is its history and when it veers away from that everyone pays.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:41 PM

I agree that it seems like there is mostly rich and poor in NYC, and the poor are basically serving the rich (entertainment, shopping, etc) And the rich actually have middle class QOL unless they're super rich.
If you have doe, sure NYC can be fun, but if you get low or regular wage, it's just a horrible living. The sky high prices are brought by the super rich all around the globe who move to NYC or just buy real estate, since it's a status symbol more than anything else for them. I wonder if it's gonna get to a point when the rich folk serfs won't be able to afford it at all and start mass exodus then who's gonna serve the rich I wonder. It'll prolly never get there tho, as certain powers will keep the prices down at the exact level the regular folk will be willing to endure the harsh conditions, not more, not less. Looks like the threshold hasn't been reached yet tho.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
this is kinda offtopic but the f#ck is this? Can anyone explain? I can understand women doing it, but wtf @ the dudes, I don't wanna see that gay sh1t

then dont look at the dudes, no one is forcing you to.

i dont wanna see "chicks", so so I look at the dudes, thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City