Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Iranians/persians are not arabs.
Yep thats right, they are part of the Indo European race and not the semitic race taht comprises of East Africans, Arabs and Jews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,360,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Yep thats right, they are part of the Indo European race and not the semitic race taht comprises of East Africans, Arabs and Jews!

Iran is not apart of the indo European race they are not European or apart of Europe.

Jewish is not a nationality it is a religion and many Iranian/Persians are jewish

Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
I was engaged to a Persian girl 3 years ago...somewhat of a Kim Kardashian look alike (I know she's not Persian) beautiful nonetheless though, and funny enough I'm black too and she was probably amongst one of the most beautiful I've been with. Religiously she was Baha'i...a very liberal group, so drinking, pre marital sex, mixed marriages etc was "tolerated." But the relationship ended for other reasons.

As far as NYC...I wouldn't know a hang out spot for them. My GF use to take me to a few places where there were mixtures of Middle Eastern people...certain restaurants, and other hang out spots, but nothing solely Persian.

I'd say the easiest place to find them are in their religious temples. It might sound unethical to look there, but I wouldn't expect to see them elsewhere in large groups in NYC.

Now in Canada, where my ex fiance and I use to visit her family, there is a small community in Toronto. Plenty of stores, restaurants, and other places where you can come across a ton of women.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I was engaged to a Persian girl 3 years ago...somewhat of a Kim Kardashian look alike (I know she's not Persian) beautiful nonetheless though, and funny enough I'm black too and she was probably amongst one of the most beautiful I've been with. Religiously she was Baha'i...a very liberal group, so drinking, pre marital sex, mixed marriages etc was "tolerated." But the relationship ended for other reasons.

As far as NYC...I wouldn't know a hang out spot for them. My GF use to take me to a few places where there were mixtures of Middle Eastern people...certain restaurants, and other hang out spots, but nothing solely Persian.

I'd say the easiest place to find them are in their religious temples. It might sound unethical to look there, but I wouldn't expect to see them elsewhere in large groups in NYC.

Now in Canada, where my ex fiance and I use to visit her family, there is a small community in Toronto. Plenty of stores, restaurants, and other places where you can come across a ton of women.
Armenians and Persian are racially related. California has many Armenians and Persians.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 AM

82 posts, read 254,303 times
Great Neck!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 AM

337 posts, read 969,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

I'd have to agree bro. They are beautiful! Although I have to admit some of these Russian girls in nyc are hot! My boy and I were hanging with some in the city last night. Also met a nice Asian girl with an incredible body. She was teaching me a little Cantonese. She lives in Scranton. Gotta find out the distance from ny.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:29 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,254,179 times
Yeah, slavic girls are very beautiful too. They are usually not shy at all.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
Iran is not apart of the indo European race they are not European or apart of Europe.

Jewish is not a nationality it is a religion and many Iranian/Persians are jewish
Iranians are Indo europeans. indians are closely related to indian people believe or not. Iran language farsi is a sub group of Indo European and is not related to arabic. Arabs are a semitic group like the Hebrews. As for why alot of Iranians are Jews? 2500 hundred years ago Persian Empire conquered the hell out of the Babelonian Empire and soon after conquered Israel. THe Persian King allowed many Jews to live in Persia and have remained thier in Persia ever since. Jerusalem and Israel will be liberated by Alexander the Great and his Greek Phalanx army who the Jews saw Alexander the Great as a the Messiah.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el77 View Post
Does anyone know of any?
Are you Jewish? One of my good friends is an Iranian Jew and he was single up into his 30s and he ended up getting hooked up at synagogue. He and his wife got married within 6 months of meeting and have two kids.

You might want to try there. I don't know where else you could meet non-Jewish Iranians women exclusively though.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:44 PM

420 posts, read 805,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Iranians are Indo europeans. indians are closely related to indian people believe or not. Iran language farsi is a sub group of Indo European and is not related to arabic. Arabs are a semitic group like the Hebrews. As for why alot of Iranians are Jews? 2500 hundred years ago Persian Empire conquered the hell out of the Babelonian Empire and soon after conquered Israel. THe Persian King allowed many Jews to live in Persia and have remained thier in Persia ever since. Jerusalem and Israel will be liberated by Alexander the Great and his Greek Phalanx army who the Jews saw Alexander the Great as a the Messiah.
Correct. Iranians consider themselves to be the originals Aryans. Iran still has the second-largest Jewish population in the middle east after Israel. Calling an Iranian an "Arab" is about the worst insult you can give to a Persian (Iranian). Most Persians are muslims, but they are extremely secular and for the most part have a deep-rooted hatred of fundamental Islam, espicially since 1979. Prior to 1979, Iran was basically a Western European country and 50,000 Americans were living and working there in 1979. It used to be a beautiful and great country. Really sad how the religious fanatics have destroyed that country since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City