Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:13 PM

71 posts, read 224,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Oh please...you (and many others) are just using this as another platform to indict every member of another race. It happens every time, whether it's something like this that occurs or whether the argument is about Affirmative Action. Topics like these are simply flair signals to bring out the white whiners and complainers.

As far as this issue goes, you don't even know what happened. All you know is what HE told you--nothing else. You're regurgitating him as if what he said were dead, honest, undisbutable facts. I'd like to hear what the guy who was arrested has to say before I came to any conclusion. And that's not sticking up for thugs either (because I'm the last black person to ever do that), but it seems like you've already brought out the "noose" and demanded "justice." Rosewood anyone?

Yea and we shouldn't jump to conclusions anytime a black person is assaulted also. Why the double standard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABklynDude View Post
Yea and we shouldn't jump to conclusions anytime a black person is assaulted also. Why the double standard?
What double standard?

9 times out of 10, racism against blacks is tolerated. Usually whites get away with it.

And like I said, this is just a platform for people to complain about. In this thread alone you already have people coming out of the woodwork about their "experiences." Even the article doesn't make sense. For instance, it says that he was being called racial names in a crowded 42nd street subway stop. Last I checked those subway stops are FILLED with white people, so why on Earth would they just target him specifically to racially taunt? It seems like something is being left out here, and until someone else who was there speaks up on it, I'm not just taking his word for it.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 PM

154 posts, read 392,108 times
In 1960, whites had the upperhand in racism. In 2011 blacks have the upperhand in racism and they are proud about it. It is not the blackness of their skin that offends, but the blackness of the soul. Black American culture have taught their children to return negative energy they have learned about during black history month, they have taught them to blame their problems on their skin color and to use the race card anytime a white person has an opinion or a problem with their behavior. The attitude and reverse racism that has become majority behavior in the black community is hurting them as much as it is pissing me (and many American's) off.

Black people have alot of talents, alot to offer our society and the future of their children but because of the blatant denial that they have been taught while living with racist hearts towards white people....they continue to struggle rising from poverty, having non violent communities, prison free life and the need to blame their race on all their failures. I think Bill Cosby said it best!

I hope the majority with thise disease are set free from their racism in the decades to come, for their prosperity and for my frustration.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM

lol ^^ this reply...love the soap box.

Wonder what her assessment is of how what white people can do to approve race relations, bet you'll hear crickets on that one.

And just for clarification Ann77, whites had the "upperhand" long before 1960.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM

white people need to stop letting it happen. White people need to stop blushing like ignorant fools when they are faced with racism (IN ANY DIRECTION INCLUDING FROM BLACKS). If that is a cricket, it is a cricket that makes a whole lot sense! I am not going to agree with you just because you are a black man talking about race. However, alot of spineless non racist whites would do that, walk away from the topic and roll their eyes.....which never solves the problem.

PS: You are right, whites had the upper hand even before 1960 with being racist, but that does not make it okay to overlook racism that blacks have the upper hand with in 2011.

chirp chirp brotha.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:58 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
I read the article. I'm just wondering what would have happened if it was 3 big burly white guys taunting a smaller black guy? Would other riders "egg them on"? Or join in the fight so they could "get one in"? VERY doubtful.

This is racist and sickening. I hope they catch the ghetto thugs and put them where they belong.

The fact that NYPD isn't classifying this as a Hate Crime when it clearly IS a Hate Crime is even more disturbing.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
white people need to stop letting it happen. White people need to stop blushing like ignorant fools when they are faced with racism (IN ANY DIRECTION INCLUDING FROM BLACKS). If that is a cricket, it is a cricket that makes a whole lot sense! I am not going to agree with you just because you are a black man talking about race. However, alot of spineless non racist whites would do that, walk away from the topic and roll their eyes.....which never solves the problem.

PS: You are right, whites had the upper hand even before 1960 with being racist, but that does not make it okay to overlook racism that blacks have the upper hand with in 2011.

chirp chirp brotha.

Can we get a white man who can make some sense here? Seems like feminism has gone to the head of this one.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 PM

so you are sexist as well as racist....thats your way of ignoring a common sense comeback....figures. Maybe you need to go back to your last february black history month and marinatein/disect the lessons MLK tried to teach regarding racism/sexism. I think you are a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no pun intended.

You are a great example of a true bigot trying to swipe your race card, I am officially embarASSed for Ishim, so there is no point continuing this section, lol.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Hope you learned your lesson ABklynDude...see what happens when you rile the Klansmen up? Now you've given a poetic license to a white feminist to ignite racism...yet comdemning others for being "sexist" lol. Oh the irony. Bet you David Duke is already knocking on the door of the guy this happened to.

Like I said before, when ever topics of this nature comes up, it just creates a platform for whites to be racist with reason. Without that, the hoods and wood for the bonfire stays in the closet.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:39 PM

25 posts, read 52,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post

chirp chirp brotha.
It really is amazing, considering that insane disparity of crime between black on white and white on black that people don't speak up. Most of it is the medias fault IMO, their PC agenda persecutes anyone who speaks up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City