Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 06:51 PM

30 posts, read 49,042 times

Advertisements

it seems everybody hears something different but their sources are obviously all not correct. i would like to think the class is happening for nov but an official confirmation is the only thing thats going to give us real closure on this dilemma. I just want it to come already whatever it is because its driving me nuts.

#153x

Old 10-17-2011, 07:36 PM

40 posts, read 71,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDSNY View Post
it seems everybody hears something different but their sources are obviously all not correct. i would like to think the class is happening for nov but an official confirmation is the only thing thats going to give us real closure on this dilemma. I just want it to come already whatever it is because its driving me nuts.

#153x
I hear ya man.
The guys at FB said they will pass the word along to us(October class) as soon as they know something. They know that its important to us for transfers and alitte seniority.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:31 PM

56 posts, read 90,722 times
Im 177x, passed medical, have my cdl. Im pretty much ready to start tomorrow if they call. Anyone know how many spots they have left to fill the November class. Trying to figure out if i will get in somehow.

Fact: NYC is currently operating at a surplus
Fact: NYC will be operating at a surplus for the next 2 fiscal years
Fact: Bloomberg is trying to prevent the deficit that were heading towards in the year 2014 - 2015 from happening which is why he's freezing hiring in the city in the first place. Its also the reason why agency's must submit a plan to cut back now to offset the deficit that is to come.
Fact: Bloomberg already knew about the deficit that is coming long before he initially approved the november class. It was already approved and passed to NYC OMB(budget).
Fact: If we were in the spring he might not have even approved the hiring in the first place but were in fall which means winter is coming.....If the public knows that DSNY said we need people and Bloomberg approved it and then canceled it and we get blasted with a repeat of last winter....that spells trouble for the mayors office.

Im confident that November is on.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:36 PM

103 posts, read 207,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKodak View Post
Im 177x, passed medical, have my cdl. Im pretty much ready to start tomorrow if they call. Anyone know how many spots they have left to fill the November class. Trying to figure out if i will get in somehow.

Fact: Bloomberg is trying to prevent the deficit that were heading towards in the year 2014 - 2015 from happening which is why he's freezing hiring in the city in the first place. Its also the reason why agency's must submit a plan to cut back now to offset the deficit that is to come.
Fact: Bloomberg already knew about the deficit that is coming long before he initially approved the november class. It was already approved and passed to NYC OMB(budget).
Fact: If we were in the spring he might not have even approved the hiring in the first place but were in fall which means winter is coming.....If the public knows that DSNY said we need people and Bloomberg approved it and then canceled it and we get blasted with a repeat of last winter....that spells trouble for the mayors office.

I pray you are right and hope you make it in. I'm currently circling st 148x

Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM

87 posts, read 125,723 times
The lady at HR told me last candidate was 1493 for Oct class. 115 guys a class.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM

245 posts, read 385,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKodak View Post

I dont think they started filling Nov.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM

103 posts, read 207,852 times
As of today hr has not yet gotten the word to establish the next class. I was told if they don't get an answer by next friday then the class won't be happening on schedule.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:30 PM

11 posts, read 25,037 times
Dis none hear nething today on the status of the class

Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM

112 posts, read 195,090 times
tomorrow uz r gonna hear its happening. guys trust me please novemeber is on. believe me

Old 10-18-2011, 04:57 PM

245 posts, read 385,999 times
Novemberblues your either gonna be a god or public enemy number one. Lol. Hope your a god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City