Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 PM

11 posts, read 25,032 times

Advertisements

Lol this just keeps getting better

Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Lol hey blues we thought u were in hideaway mode

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Nice to hear from ya...did u talk to the comish today

Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM

253 posts, read 540,071 times
My shop stewart went to union meetinng today and said that there will still be a third class (november) but it will be delayed... Best of luck... Hope that pans out...

Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 PM

112 posts, read 195,040 times
wat am i the mayor now? and how can a november class be delayed and still be called a november class

Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 AM

253 posts, read 540,071 times
[quote=novemberblues;21358678]wat am i the mayor now? and how can a november class be delayed and still be called a november class[/quot

Really?
The class that was going in for november is supposedly being delayed. Maybe it will be the december class... I dont know... Ill keep my mouth shut for now on

Old 10-20-2011, 06:08 AM

147 posts, read 299,177 times
Nov class is still up in the air. Straight from the mouth of Doherty. Just finished his speech at FBF.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 AM

87 posts, read 125,698 times
Guys lets not argue about something we have no control over. Any information we get over this thread is helpful. Lets just wait and see.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 AM

103 posts, read 207,791 times
The following is just an opinion.

If they were to use common sense they would just holds the next class on schedule. reasons being:
1. If it is delayed the training staff and equipment had to be reassigned back to their districts then reassigned back to the field at a later time. This causes logistical and staffing problems.these costs time and money .
2. The longer they wait the less chance they have of recouping cdl fees. Those people may get other jobs our give up on sanitation.
3. This could lead to more cdl classes having to be offered at a significant cost to the city.
4. The longer it is delayed the more into the holidays we get the less chance they have to train the new class for snow duty possibly leaving the department understaffed.
5. Some of the guys called in for orientation that could be offered the 3rd class might end up having to go back for new medicals. I believe they are needed if they are more than 6 months old.that costs money.

I see too many reasons that will cost the city money to hold off the class. If the city worked under common sense they would understand that. My experience had shown me otherwise. I still hope for the best

Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 AM

269 posts, read 496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulSanMan View Post
The following is just an opinion.

If they were to use common sense they would just holds the next class on schedule. reasons being:
1. If it is delayed the training staff and equipment had to be reassigned back to their districts then reassigned back to the field at a later time. This causes logistical and staffing problems.these costs time and money .
2. The longer they wait the less chance they have of recouping cdl fees. Those people may get other jobs our give up on sanitation.
3. This could lead to more cdl classes having to be offered at a significant cost to the city.
4. The longer it is delayed the more into the holidays we get the less chance they have to train the new class for snow duty possibly leaving the department understaffed.
5. Some of the guys called in for orientation that could be offered the 3rd class might end up having to go back for new medicals. I believe they are needed if they are more than 6 months old.that costs money.

I see too many reasons that will cost the city money to hold off the class. If the city worked under common sense they would understand that. My experience had shown me otherwise. I still hope for the best
Not to be a bummer because I definitely want a November class. I really to get some more people beat. But the reasons listed are not gonna force a class. Medicals. The cost of administering new medicals never factored in before I doubt it will now. I did three medicals and preorientations. CDL fees lost. They won't be lost. If you don't make a class by time the list expires. You will be getting a bill from the city for $900 for the CDL class. My class started 3.5 years after I took CDL. And as far as manpower to relocate training equipment. That would be a whole lot cheaper than paying 125 recruits salaries for a few months if they feel they are not needed till then. And an extended gap in classes would be needed for them to send the equipment back to their districts. I truly hope there is a November class cause I need the seniority bump. But all the reasons listed in the previous post are more than likely not even a consideration of the decision makers. Just sayin. Keep your heads up guys. It will happen. Sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. And with this job. Believe less than half of what you hear. This department is full of sh*thouse lawyers. When you are sitting in a seat at FBF that is when you know you made it. I got my hopes up too many times reading posts on this blog about potential hirings that it nearly drove me nuts. It took three and half years of multiple medicals and pre orientations But it all pays off in the end. Stay positive and good luck.

Last edited by jgreen6275; 10-20-2011 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City