Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think he was right?
Yes 60 84.51%
No 3 4.23%
I'm not sure 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Get this comment from the mother:

"My daughter is just your average 24-year-old," her mother said. "She's fun-loving and full of life. "

This one is funny too:

"...maybe they should not put people with violent backgrounds dealing with customers."

Maybe the customers should stay in front of the counter where they belong and not jump over to try to beat up the employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Get this comment from the mother:

"My daughter is just your average 24-year-old," her mother said. "She's fun-loving and full of life. "

I swear when I read the article I had that same face. I loathe when parents cry about how great their children were, once they're on the news, got killed or on their way to prison. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This one is funny too:

"...maybe they should not put people with violent backgrounds dealing with customers."

Maybe the customers should stay in front of the counter where they belong and not jump over to try to beat up the employees.
Exactly. Or maybe they should've gave up the act and left. If the money was fake and you knew it why put on a show? If they wanted to keep their dignity (HA!) they could've even acted as if they didn't know it was a counterfeit. Or even say it was change from another store, etc.

I DO NOT feel sorry for them. I'm sorry this worker protected himself and the first thing McDonalds did was fire HIM (no suspension or reviewing the situation). I'm a little disgusted about this to be quite honest. He makes minimum wage and IF he would've taken the fake money he still would've been in trouble. Will McDonalds hire security guards. . . NO. So why should he get fired for some idiot jumping over the counter. Was he suppose to stand there and let them pick up the hot grease and burn him? I just don't get it. . .

How can anyone think rationally in a short notice like this?

Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Because of the poll, and the fact that it cannot be merged into the crime thread without creating an issue, this thread is reopened for purposes of discussing items related to the poll ONLY. Similar crimes, videos of such, etc. belong in the crime thread, not this one. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-18-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 PM

84 posts, read 250,011 times
Hell yes he had EVERY right to do this. Those women are ghetto trash they will never have a realization that the way they live is wrong maybe this knocks some sense into them. The words and tone of voice these women are using are so unlady like. Then the fact that THEY slap him and jump over the counter to beat him thats it, and after all the name calling people can only take so much. I HATE women like this.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 PM

39 posts, read 77,103 times
The moment I saw this video and heard the two chicks say "**** OUTTA HEAAAA. **** OUTTA HEAA." I knew it had to be NYC.

I don't know whats more hilarious, watching them do their best hood nikka walk after jumping the counter, or watching them get a nice dose of reality. Like that other poster said, perfect example of when "keeping it real" goes wrong.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Honestly, those woman deserve to get their asses beat. People in this city need to realize that they aren't invincible.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
"Whadda yah mean you don't honor the 'buy one get one free coupon.'"

Old 10-20-2011, 12:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
I feel the same way as most of the comments on this thread but what I would like to add is this. This guy went to jail for his actions. I believe that if he was attacked by two men the same way those women attacked him, he wouldnt be in jail and still would have a job. This is an example of sexism. Too bad he cant sue because I believe he has a case. There is no reason why he should of been fired for defending himself or put in jail. The only reason i can think of is because those two who attacked him were females(but not women).
Good points. He was defending himself. Sucks that he got out of jail and got a job, apparently trying to go straight, to only have this situation happen.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This one is funny too:

Ya think?

I guess they're warming up for the lawsuit against the McD's franchise for hiring a man with a "violent background." These dirtbags have NO SHAME.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM

149 posts, read 261,311 times
self defense. if they were 2 men and he was a women he would be herald as a hero and probably given the key to the city. this is sexist as it worse and feminism at its worst. hopefully they learnt a valuable lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: