Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times

Advertisements

I was just up there about 2 weeks ago checking out the park and the pool (they have the largest pool in the borough..it is crazy big..like huge). The park itself is nice and large, great lake people jog around, and the pool, well it's for the kids.

Crotona itself is not the best...it is in the central part of the borough...which is still struggling moreso than other parts. I was hoping to see more changes in the area, but I was disappointed. Crotona is nowhere near ready for primetime to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 08:19 PM

68 posts, read 297,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
NYCTOGO I cannot read your posts...they are too difficult/time intensive to understand. I got as far "i used to be in mott haven with my people" and that was more than enough for me. If anyone would like to translate or add any rules of grammar, logic, complete thoughts to his posts that would be helpful.
He's saying he's Puerto Rican, thats all. While everyone else won't last 5 minutes in South Bronx, he can last all night. Thats his territory, his people.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Moderator cut: moderation

Anybody familiar with the Bronx know where this is? And what projects are those?

Thanks
Throngs Neck Houses are a large complex. Soundview is all industrial and projects also.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock247 View Post
Its been a couple of years since the big SOBRO real estate media blitz, and I don't think it caught on. The area (Mott Haven/Port Morris)is still an out of the way, desolate industrial area with alot Public Housing, that is just plain unattractive.

It beats the hell out of me why anyone would be so into this area.

Moderator cut: moderation
Well everyone on the forums here are mostly white so a Puerto Rican neighborhood intrigues everyone if you know what I mean. Like how the Upper East Side is all white intrigues PRs from East Harlem.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthng2Prv View Post
I'm pretty sure the Jamaicans you think are staring you down, probably aren't thinking twice about you. Probably wondering what the hell you're doing there but as far as beating you up goes, I doubt it. Jamaicans are notorious for doing two things; partying and working a dozen jobs.
lol And their music and way they speak plus there carribean seafood and curry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City