Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 15,315 times

Advertisements

ive been applying for nycha since i was 18 and nothing i recently put in a new application and just been waiting patiently hoping this time around i get called for an interview
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl568 View Post
so you are saying with your experience so far @NiniCakes from the date of your interview to be certified took 6 months?
Yes, i believe so. I never received any official statement that said "you're certified and deemed eligible to live in housing" just a letter stating that the processing of my application was complete and that i now needed to select a development (so i presume that means i'm certified). this whole process took 6 months to get this letter to select which development i'd like to be considered for. Now the next step is for them to call me when there is a vacancy in that development. i'm approved for a 1 bedroom so idk how long the wait will be, hopefully it's not too long!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM

885 posts, read 1,373,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Good luck nini....had my nycha interview yesterday so i hope im found eligible. How long did it take you to become eligible?
just to update on the hpd interview....
the management office was in one of the buildings they oversee, just not the one that i'm applying for, and the 2 girls who they had interviewing prospective tenants were soooooooooo unprofessional! they were chatting so loudly about other people that worked with them and just other random topics. you could tell that they weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer! but aside from them annoying the hell out of me, she did manage to assemble my paperwork and have me sign off on some verification forms. i didnt get to see the apartment as yet, but she told me it is a walk up building :-/ hence the lower rent. not bad if i'm on a lower floor but with my son, stroller, bags, etc. stairs are an inconvenience especially if you get placed on the top floor. we'll see what happens! i guess i can go with whoever calls me back first.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:31 AM

how do you apply by computer

Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

so guys i checked the automated system for the status of my application and turns out some one is living in housing with my social how do i fix this in order to get my housing no wonder ive been applying since i was 18 and nothing yet and im 26

Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM

14 posts, read 54,660 times
could someone answer my question on the 18th of June 2012 i had my interview for housing were i had to take all my documents and i had to pick one out of the four housing apt where i want to lived i would like to know when you pick where you want is that mean you will get the apt

Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,098,062 times
No and yes!!!!....your posting this question on all the updated nycha post and you can just look at the past post to answer your question. I am sorry if im being a bit rude but just because you had an interview and submitted a documents,that does not mean you get an apt just like that. First you have to past eligibility review and then get certified to that development and thats 3-6 or more months depending on what they need and what they find. Then you have to wait for that development to have an apt for you if you happen to come up when an apt is available. Some people have been waiting for years upon years for an apt. check the post,u see some people posted back in 2006,2007,2008 and still are waiting for an apt and were in 2012 about to hit 2013 soon. I hope this answered your question and i hope i was not to mean with the beginning of my answer. I am sorry.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM

205 posts, read 977,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow718 View Post
how do you apply by computer
Go to the NYCHA office to apply by computer. Im still waiting for housing. I just about gave up already. All im waiting for is an interview and its taking forever

Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 10,659 times
I just received a response stating that I must now choose a developement. Out of 7 developements in Brooklyn and Queens, the only one I could considered is Astoria but I have to go check the area out. I hope it's something I can take because if not, I would have to decline and I guess start all over.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:09 PM

21 posts, read 111,980 times
Hey all i applied in march, late april they requested updated Domestic Violence documentations. I sent that on may 8. Got a letter in mail of my VIctim of Domestic Violence priority upgrade Priority1 and on june 5th a letter gor interview july 3. At interview they took info on citizenship birth certificate social and conducted a background chk which can take 2wks-1month. About 2 1/2 wks i called and they said i just got certified. And that i sm now ONLY waiting for them to CALL me in to view an apt in the borough of Manhattan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City