Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You got mis-information.

with any ny state permit you can go through nyc without having a nyc permit for a handgun.

The trip must be contigious with no stops and everything locked and unloaded in the trunk.

On a separate note pa requires no handgun permit ,all that is required is they are legally owned.

a ny residence permit wont qualify as legally owned in pa but any target hunting license from any new york area is fine. we dont have the target hunting permit in nyc anymore,only residence.
So, stop for a Big Mac or a pee and...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:45 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
This definition could define millions of law-abiding Americans.
Right of course but the answer is to keep away from states if you don't like their laws.If some gun lover hates the NYC laws about guns they can just stay away.There are a number of states that I will not set foot in because I don't agree with laws they have passed and I don't like the prevailing mentality.Arizona and Texas are just two of many.In turn,I understand completely if people from out of state choose not to come to NYC or NY State because of some of our laws.Why do people insist that the rest of the world conform to their views/laws ?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It's no wonder that 2 law enforcement officers have been killed in Nassau County in the last year by the "friendly fire" of off duty people carrying their guns everywhere.
They were killed by off-duty LEO's. Is that an argument for disarming off-duty LEO's?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Ah, but that's the problem: How many cities have their own gun control laws which supercede those of their state? Most normal people assume that gun control laws are state laws. Not even a NY state permit is good in NYC. That's as illogical as it is unConstitutional.
quite a few cities and towns mold things to fit their lifestyles and wants.
nyc , philadelphia, pittsburg,illinois, lots of local towns in nevada to name a few.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Right of course but the answer is to keep away from states if you don't like their laws.If some gun lover hates the NYC laws about guns they can just stay away.There are a number of states that I will not set foot in because I don't agree with laws they have passed and I don't like the prevailing mentality.Arizona and Texas are just two of many.In turn,I understand completely if people from out of state choose not to come to NYC or NY State because of some of our laws.Why do people insist that the rest of the world conform to their views/laws ?
I don't think I or anyone else should have to avoid a State because its laws are defiant of the Constitution.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
quite a few cities and towns mold things to fit their lifestyles and wants.
nyc , philadelphia, pittsburg,illinois, lots of local towns in nevada to name a few.
So why not let neighborhoods pass their own laws against gun possession too? We could even limit laws to one side of the street!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM

they have that issue in lots of towns. las vegas and its neighboring towns are going through that now. the supreme court said localities are free to mold and its not an infringement on rights and so mold the cities and towns do.

as long as they offer a permit system a city or state is conforming according to the court cases. it doesnt have to be a full carry and you dont have to allow others from others states in.

thems there the rulings.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I don't think I or anyone else should have to avoid a State because its laws are defiant of the Constitution.
Again,a matter of debate.It's YOUR OPINION that the law in question is unconstitutional or "defiant of the Constitution". You want everyone else to conform to your opinion.

As far as I know,the laws in question have never been ruled "unconstitutional".

Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 AM

correct... its not the new york supreme court making these rulings its the federal supreme court that says its within the bounds of the constitution.

im not in agreement but that doesnt mean its not legal what the localities do.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
They were killed by off-duty LEO's. Is that an argument for disarming off-duty LEO's?
Yes,I said they were killed by "friendly fire" so that's not news.

I'm not arguing to disarm "off duty LEO's", just pointing out that there are a lot of gun crazed,trigger happy people out there walking around shopping or out having lunch with their loaded pieces.I don't find it comforting at all and I'm sure the families of the dead LEO's don't either.I mean,they have to be wondering about it all, even though the code probably requires them to remain silent.

Last edited by bluedog2; 01-19-2012 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City