Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:16 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times

Advertisements

I personally would never have given in to those snotty d-bags in the building. I would have sooner moved even. Anyway sorry for the mobile version link. My phone won't open it up in a regular browser. Also, sorry for the Post link. I generally hate the Post.

Soap actor commits suicide after pup's 'forced' euthanasia - m.NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I personally would never have given in to those snotty d-bags in the building. I would have sooner moved even. Anyway sorry for the mobile version link. My phone won't open it up in a regular browser. Also, sorry for the Post link. I generally hate the Post.

Soap actor commits suicide after pup's 'forced' euthanasia - m.NYPOST.com
It is very sad. The guilt was overwhelming to him. Sad a talented, Good looking man not even 50 years old is gone.

people become attached to their pets naturally, And it sounds like he was depressed to begin with. As his dog was apparently his only source of comfort it became too much. Rest in peace Nick, And may you find the peace that was evading you in this life.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM

400 posts, read 983,682 times
BIG BIG MISTAKE. Think before you act. He could have just moved to another building that allows dogs but I guess his upper west side pad was more important. Living with neighbors who hate you because you love

NOBODY forced you/him to do anything. You/he had someone kill the dog (euthanized it).

A fool with a dog who fell under the pressures of his neighbors demands falls victim to HIMSELF.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
NOBODY forced you/him to do anything. You/he had someone kill the dog (euthanized it).

Who are you talking to?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
BIG BIG MISTAKE. Think before you act. He could have just moved to another building that allows dogs but I guess his upper west side pad was more important. Living with neighbors who hate you because you love

A fool with a dog who fell under the pressures of his neighbors demands falls victim to HIMSELF.

Him being troubled does not make him a "fool". We do not know the full extent of what was going on in his world. He should not have ended his life but he did. If we lose all lack of empathy toward the dead and suffering what does that make us? Jeez...

Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 PM

400 posts, read 983,682 times
Troubled? You say troubled I say fool.

Full grown man making regrettable decisions.

Apartment > Dog

Now hes dead on his own account.
How is this even a sad story?

I feel bad for the dog more than this guy.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:52 PM

You realize that everyone's brain chemistry doesn't work exactly as yours does right?

Also:

Quote:

You literally answered your own question to a degree immediately after:

Quote:

Old 01-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushingRepresenter View Post
Troubled? You say troubled I say fool.

Full grown man making regrettable decisions.

Apartment > Dog

Now hes dead on his own account.

It is regrettable. Everything he had, Or ever will have is gone. Forever.

There are times in people's lives where they are in such despair and everything is so dark that they give up because they see no end in sight. Nothing. It is this reason I have empathy because the pain can be beyond description, And i doubt it was simply over the dog being put down. Maybe I am wrong about that, But point is: Hes still gone. And i wish him peace.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:06 PM

483 posts, read 854,462 times
Since the guy already had a history of depression, him putting the dog down "threw" him over the ledge so to speak. This is truly a sad situation, two lives lost. I don't know why people have to be bullies. If the neighbors didn't have any bad encounters with the dog then what was the problem?? If I were him, I would've tried taking management to court since the dog should've been grandfathered in. If that didn't work then I would've moved. No one and I mean no one would make me get rid of my dogs, they would have an ugly battle on their hands, and one they would lose.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:21 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
There is a line in the article that's a bit of a red flag about the dog. The article says something about a vet having said the dog was getting aggressive (due to the guy's depression?). I didn't go back to re-read it, but that's what I recall it saying.

I have no idea how the author knew the vet had said this, as it doesn't seem they interviewed the vet for the article.

Was the dog aggressive? Maybe he was.

The guy also apparently got complaints about his dog barking, yet supposedly these charges were invented. Were they? I have always thought that it could be very easy to prove whether your dog barks when you're not home by getting a cheap video/digital recorder, like a nanny cam.

In any case, it sounds like the suicide of a suicidal man. The dog situation pushed him over the edge. The incidents of harassment (if that's what they were) were unfortunate and maybe uncalled for, but wouldn't push anyone but an already suicidal person to suicide (IMHO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City