Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artzilla View Post
Telling people to get a real job, when there are over 80 million unemployed right now, is also a lot easier said than done.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I doubt she gets money from her parents or she wouldn't be paying $600 rent or paying student loans or applying for food stamps in the first place.

However, this is beside the point. The point is that she has, as she puts it, "chosen to work in a creative field," which seems to mean being a freelance writer. Well, a lot of people would like to be freelance writers, including me! But if you can't make it pay the bills you just have to get a boring job like the rest of us. You don't always get what you want immediately.
Bottomline. I have fantasy freelance jobs I want to do too, but I wouldn't be able to pay my bills doing them right now either.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
This was already discussed in another thread. http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-rejected.html

Maybe mod could merge them.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
This was already discussed in another thread. http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-rejected.html

Maybe mod could merge them.
Great! I like that one too.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF VET View Post
that earth balance aint cheap it sells for $4-5. and as you can see, she did all her shopping at fairway, shes got a dozen organic eggs $5 right there. if ur so poor then why buy organic or expenisve food, buy te dozen eggs for $1.50 instead.
A single person with no dependents in NYC only gets $200. They're supposed to stretch this out for the month, so you know "organic" food is out of the question. I can only imagine what a family of 4 or more gets and what they have to go through to maintain a "healthy" diet for the kids.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIF VET View Post
that earth balance aint cheap it sells for $4-5. and as you can see, she did all her shopping at fairway, shes got a dozen organic eggs $5 right there. if ur so poor then why buy organic or expenisve food, buy te dozen eggs for $1.50 instead.
I was wondering when someone was going to point that out LOL. I also noticed a jar of expensive (like $10) gourmet pickles. The simple fact is that she makes too much money for public assistance. End of story. As some have pointed out, if she makes better decisions with that money, she would have enough budget for groceries. You do not need to buy $5 butter, $5 eggs and a $10 jar of pickles. That's $15 right there! Hell, when I had to implement some aggressive saving tactics, I was able to spend about $25-$30 per week on groceries. Yes, it fed me all week. No I wasn't just eating rice and beans and Ramen. Yes, it was a balanced diet and no I was not hungry. The point is that she probably *can* feed herself with what she makes but she's probably not willing to make the tough choices of buying generic brands, buying only whats on sale, and hitting up the dollar store every once and a while for cheap basic staples like pasta and canned goods.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
It says nowhere that she lives in Williamsburg.

Really, it's annoying enough without adding extra details.
Well said. Marilyn being a strong black independent woman purposely posted an article about a white woman trying to "scam" the welfare system and then added extra details so to point out that it's not just Laquita "scamming" the system. SMH!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
I wonder how many guys she courts in ordercto make her ends meet.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Well said. Marilyn being a strong black independent woman purposely posted an article about a white woman trying to "scam" the welfare system and then added extra details so to point out that it's not just Laquita "scamming" the system. SMH!
You know? I can't even comment with you.

Your post did make me laugh though.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I wonder how many guys she courts in ordercto make her ends meet.
Hmmmm. Click the link to see her pic and you tell me what you'd offer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City