Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM

24 posts, read 44,486 times

Advertisements

Hello neighbors.
I moved in around two weeks ago and am loving it here. Everyone I've met is really nice. I mean, it doesn't hurt knowing that we've all been through similar journeys in making this homeowner's dream come true.
I've slowly been buying furniture here and there and each time i've had a move in I call mngmt to schedule the apptm. I've done it right at the purchasing counter of the furniture store and PWB has been very flexible.
Also, for those of you that have moved in like me: how do you feel about the bathroom sink and the faucet?? Is it too too far back like mine. I can barely wash my hands without getting everything around wet. A small price to pay for a wonderful unit but still I was wondering if I was the only one encountering this issue.
My other question is if anyone has the very particular screw that releases the window security?
I went to home depot and they told me that the only place they had this screw available came with a whole set of screws! ugh! if anybody has this screw and wouldn't mind me using it to open my windows i would appreciate it.
For those of you inquiring about the application process. I'm pretty sure that all the units have been sold. There are other similar projects avaible for purchase I believe...check this out! Via Verde i think they are still selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 AM

8 posts, read 12,527 times
Same issue with the bathroom sink. As you said, a small price to pay. i am also having an issue with distortion in the bathroom mirror. I am so pleased with everything else, though, that I can hardly complain!

As per the windows--I am unclear as per whether you need the screwdriver or the screws themselves. The super has a matching screwdriver and you can borrow it from him.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,751 times
Hello neighbors! Great blog! The discussions address many of my concerns.

The liquor store is going to be a problem if we do not set the tone from the beginning. It will be a magnet for drunks that want to stand in front and ask for money. The owners of the liquor store have some control over that. We might need to meet with them. I am also concern about the ledge in front of the building. I see people there all the time, and believe me, it will get worst with the liquor store. Making the ledge unusable would be a great solution.

I do mind the casual walkers taking a smoke break; they should do it someplace else…not in our building. In our neighborhood people take ownership of spaces that do not belong to them. I grew up in the area and I love it, but I also get the dynamics of the neighborhood. We need to set the tone early on to protect our investment and our homes.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM

24 posts, read 44,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Swanson View Post
Same issue with the bathroom sink. As you said, a small price to pay. i am also having an issue with distortion in the bathroom mirror. I am so pleased with everything else, though, that I can hardly complain!

As per the windows--I am unclear as per whether you need the screwdriver or the screws themselves. The super has a matching screwdriver and you can borrow it from him.

R. Swanson,
Sorry, i meant i needed the screwdriver. the screws are already in the window, i want to opened them .
I spoke to the super and yes, he HAD, one, but now he doesn't. lol. i think he lent it and it broke or something...

Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
It sounds like you guys have the making of what could be a really nice communal living setup.
I envy you. I moved into one set up in the stone age.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 AM

184 posts, read 334,198 times
Timeline Question:
While Chase hasn't officially cleared me to close they called to ask if I had received my 30 day close notice or if I had done the final walk thru. Anyone receive their close letter and do final B4 they were cleared?? I'm now at 6 months since this process started and I'm getting very frustrated.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 AM

139 posts, read 189,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Swanson View Post

We immediately changed the bathroom faucet - it is too small for the vessel sink - now we can wash our hands without going crazy. And yea, it cost about $250 for a new faucet.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 3,771 times
I was relaxing in the courtyard yesterday (6/12/13_ evening, around 9pm and saw two large Raccoons walking on top of the wood fence. They walked on top of the fence, and then over towards to parking lot, the part that is above ground.
I called 311, who said they can't do anything unless the raccoons appear rabid.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Raccoons are ADORABLE...just don't pester them, they CAN protect themselves. They will eventually walk to Central Park, eat rat poison and die...like most wildlife in New York.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM

39 posts, read 74,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshland View Post
Timeline Question:
While Chase hasn't officially cleared me to close they called to ask if I had received my 30 day close notice or if I had done the final walk thru. Anyone receive their close letter and do final B4 they were cleared?? I'm now at 6 months since this process started and I'm getting very frustrated.

Marshland, I think this is good. Chase called me first and asked about this notice. Told me I was cleared . About a week or two later I received the 30 day close notice. Then I got the call for the final walk thru which was scheduled the day before I closed (which was moved up due to the appraisals expiration date).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery