Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,571,096 times

Advertisements

Mono + mono, notwithstanding the worrying name, has good korean fried chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,421,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So which is the best KFC in Manhattan. I see only 6 from Google
I used to like it very mmuch but haven't had it since they closed the Journal Square store 30 years ago.

Is KFC stiill good chicken. (I see there is one at 106th and Third...any good?)

Have you tried Tandoori Chicken?
Kfc is the worst friend chicken ever.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Of the main fast food places. I prefer KFC over Popeyes. Although most people seem to think Popeyes is higher quality. For me growing up the best fried bird was from Carporal which was around 157th and Broadway. They closed that place down unfortunately. John's Fried Chicken in Inwood is an approximation of Carporal but Carporal was better.

An Ode to Caporal Chicken… | Uptown Collective
Seriously? KFC is disgusting

Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
West Indian fried chicken? Neever haad that beforeee! LOL!
C&j in Flatbush, and c&j in east Flatbush have some good tasting Jamaican style fried chicken, and they have their own fried chicken sauce. I lord of mercy now I'm hungry

Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,818,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Why would you go to those chain restaurants to look for the best fried chicken?
Ditto!

Looking for "good" fried chicken, and you go to every CHAIN joint!!! Where the heck are you from where they don't have these same chain places???

Kenned Fried Chicken? What did you expect? It is a GHETTO joint, intended to compete and undersell KFC, when KFC had more outlets in the hood. It isn't a coincidence that they share the initials "KFC". You really need to be a more discerning consumer, and a bit more sensible about the environment you place yourself!!!!! I'm black, no stranger to the hood, and **I'm** NOT going into Kennedy Fried Chicken!!!

Why?

First, becaue the food is certain to be some low quality sht that *can* sell to the less than knowing, not much choice, ghetto people. Sorry to put it that way, but truth is truth.

Second, places that cater to the 'hood' crowd will certainly have hoods on the premises!!! So, what intelligence or that s/b non intelligence brings you to such a place?!

Blindly touristing the hood is a mistake and an unnecessary risk. Stupid. Just being real.

Btw, foregoing Sylvia's based upon rumor to go to places like KFC and other *chains* is simply silly!! Sylvia's may or may not be great, but it is certainly better than ANY chain food, and most absolutely better than Boston Market!! All those people and all the years Sylvia's has been serving all those people, says SOMETHING. Plus, you get food minus the glaring.

Anyway, I suggest you forego the hood, and try some of the soul food restaurants downtown. I won't reccommend because I haven't been to any in years! Though, I understand "The Pink Teacup" is still going, look it up.

Other than that, I very much reccommend Whole Foods Market, Columbus Circle, there you can get organic fried chicken (which is surprisingly tastily spiced) which is inately superior being organic. You can also get very good basic baked macaroni and cheese as well. To the disapproval dietwise of my GF, I pick up some most visits. The closet thing I can buy to Mom's cooking! As with most organic stuff, not cheap!

Anyway, aren't you the guy who was looking for good patties, and the best you had had was the frozen crap sold at the supermarket???

Man, WHERE are you from?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM

791 posts, read 1,434,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Although I don't eat them much now a days, KFC was also my favorite for fried chicken, but
not all KFC are equal. Some are very good and the chicken are fresh, then there are some nasty
ones out there, the chicken is like over cooked or maybe re-fried from over night left over.
The boneless filet is not bad. It makes a good snack, still fast food but not half batter coating.

Those "Kennedy" places are generally horrible. Once I got these nuggets in one of those dumps and they were still pink in the middle. Another time, I'd swear they'd injected them with formaldehyde, they tasted so bad.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,256,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Seriously? KFC is disgusting
Its funny cuz as big as KFC is here it is absolutely huge in China and the UK.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM

25,378 posts, read 37,110,432 times
I passed a KENNEDY'S FRIED CHICKEN today and it would not have caught my eye except for an earlier post. It was near the Northeast corner of Cenntral Park...
Like between 110th and 111th and what must have been Fifth Ave?

Any good?

(But like the earlier post, there were 4 black thug-types glowering outside.)

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 PM

146 posts, read 190,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
West Indian fried chicken? Neever haad that beforeee! LOL!
LOL

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 PM

34,111 posts, read 47,343,484 times
When you go to those hood joints you don't order the regular fried chicken - you order 6 or 9 piece hot wings with french fries - trust me.

However, that is not where you'll find the best fried chicken in NYC. And since both my wife and MIL are pros at making it, I don't know where to buy it at.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City