Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM

228 posts, read 338,592 times

Advertisements

Supervisor test is now open for those of you interested in moving up in the department we are looking for a few good men!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
Just finished fp. You do not need to print out anything. They have the hard copy you will have to sign. But the most important and I mean the most important thing is to have the online form filled out. Thats what jammed up alot of guys and they have to come back on the 13th. They don't give you time to fix it there. And the 20 page hard copy they didn't even ask for. But they do know if you haven't done the online form
I have mine ready to submit and no call for FP, I think it's safe to assume at this point Calls for August are done. Shouldn't submit it this early or just leave it hanging until i get a call for sept/oct.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 AM

185 posts, read 320,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
Supervisor test is now open for those of you interested in moving up in the department we are looking for a few good men!!!
85 bucks, my ******* hurts from that raping

Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Quote:
A few is right. The amount of guys that gave the badge back last time was amazing. That should be a lesson for you new guys, there is no better job in the department then being in the street. Hey gobig, I know we break each other's balls but seriously most brass tell me they like the money but they would go back in the street if they could. I been hearing this for years, what do you think...be honest

Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 PM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
I have mine ready to submit and no call for FP, I think it's safe to assume at this point Calls for August are done. Shouldn't submit it this early or just leave it hanging until i get a call for sept/oct.
I would say submit it now. What's the harm. It will be in system

Old 08-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
A few is right. The amount of guys that gave the badge back last time was amazing. That should be a lesson for you new guys, there is no better job in the department then being in the street. Hey gobig, I know we break each other's balls but seriously most brass tell me they like the money but they would go back in the street if they could. I been hearing this for years, what do you think...be honest
The hardest position in my eyes is supervisor so to answer your question of course it is a lot better being in the street and having no responsibility but if you become a super or go above that then I can say its def better and you won't look back

Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 PM

guys coming on make sure you join the societies and get yourself involved a lot of this job is who you know

Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM

156 posts, read 250,825 times
Do u have to close the cpdb before submitting it?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornreeady View Post
Do u have to close the cpdb before submitting it?

I don't remember having to close it just save and submit

on a different note to you guys is make sure you have everything. so many were sent home for the simplest things. one guy didn't have a money order. one guy didn't have proof of residency. one guy did have registration and insurance card with right address but still got sent home. make sure you have a utility bill. one guy had no birth certificate or passport. I mean its the simplest of things. everyone was advised they are still in the class but they have to come back still one more day to straighten stuff out. but the biggest pain in the ass for everyone was the online cpd. if you don't get that filled out and submitted you are guaranteed to be sent home and have to come back the 13th.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times
Quote:
The hardest position in my eyes is supervisor so to answer your question of course it is a lot better being in the street and having no responsibility but if you become a super or go above that then I can say its def better and you won't look back
Yea, it's a stepping stone. First promotion in any operation is usually the worst one, being a super on up is where it's at. If your like me and just wanna work, have fun and go home with no responsibility and a clear head then the street is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City