Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long have you lived in NYC?
1 YEAR OR LESS 2 3.77%
1 - 5 YEARS 5 9.43%
5 - 9 YEARS 2 3.77%
10+ YEARS. - I'm crazy 44 83.02%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times

Advertisements

i guess you were really naiive.
you thought it was sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM

43 posts, read 76,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
So children who are born here should leave by the age of 10?
Children should not be born in the city. Parents allowing their kids to grow up in the city should be arrested for child abuse.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
As a Millennial I expressed moving out of NYC about two to three years ago and I said that I would move out of NYC within five years, so basically I have two more years left to either find a high paying job and or woman which can either lock me down in the city and be content with. One of my great regrets is not attending a college outside of the city or state, my outlook on NYC would have been vastly different and probably on par with happy Transplants. Like I said I have a love hate relationship with this city. NYC I like you but I don't love you anymore.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As a Millennial I expressed moving out of NYC about two to three years ago and I said that I would move out of NYC within five years, so basically I have two more years left to either find a high paying job and or woman which can either lock me down in the city and be content with. One of my great regrets is not attending a college outside of the city or state, my outlook on NYC would have been vastly different and probably on par with happy Transplants. Like I said I have a love hate relationship with this city. NYC I like you but I don't love you anymore.

That's the thing. I have a high paying job. I have plenty of money. I have a great girlfriend and am happy. NYC just is not exciting to me anymore. It once was.

I need new experiances. There are only so many times I can watch a pack of stomping children do back flips in the subway while chanting "donation! donation! donation!"

Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
Children should not be born in the city. Parents allowing their kids to grow up in the city should be arrested for child abuse.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
That's the thing. I have a high paying job. I have plenty of money. I have a great girlfriend and am happy. NYC just is not exciting to me anymore. It once was.

I need new experiances. There are only so many times I can watch a pack of stomping children do back flips in the subway while chanting "donation! donation! donation!"

So go back to where you came from and watch the pack of children go cow tipping instead.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post

lls

Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
I have been here 30 + years, And according to the poll the majority of us in this thread are "crazy". I will dispute that. NYC is not for the faint of heart, And regardless of one hating it or loving it one thing is certain: Takes a strong person to live here long term, And if you can make it here, You can make it almost anywhere when deciding to leave it.

If you are not happy in your environment, Either change something in that environment or move to a new one. We get posts all the time saying "I can't take it" and the answer is always the same: Seek out new digs.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
So go back to where you came from and watch the pack of children go cow tipping instead.
Na. I lived there during my childhood. I'm thinking someplace nice and near a real beach. Maybe Charleston, SC. I was there recently. Very nice little old city. Freindly people, no traffic. Beachs all around. No **** smells in the street. $500k gets you a palace on the beach, not a shoebox studio with a window facing a brick wall.

Maybe San Diego. Not sure yet.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I have been here 30 + years, And according to the poll the majority of us in this thread are "crazy". I will dispute that. NYC is not for the faint of heart, And regardless of one hating it or loving it one thing is certain: Takes a strong person to live here long term, And if you can make it here, You can make it almost anywhere when deciding to leave it.

If you are not happy in your environment, Either change something in that environment or move to a new one. We get posts all the time saying "I can't take it" and the answer is always the same: Seek out new digs.
My main point of this thread isn't that NYC is hard, etc. The point is, that the enchantment of the city fades with time. I remember when I loved this city and it was so amazing. Now I'm just like, meh, whatever. So, not much point in staying.

Luckily I'm highly mobile and not tied down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City