Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
The article says that the video was handed over to the police on Friday. I highly doubt that the camera man would be so dumb to put it up on YouTube to get caught by police. But there are a lot stupid people out there, so I might be wrong.

As for the perp He is a coward and an idiot but we can't really tell from the video if he's mentality ill or not.

The bolded actually happens all of the time because there are people doing that for this very reason---just like gang members getting caught doing stuff because they post it on social media regularly. Not the smartest thing in the world to do but people still do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
that's crazy.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:06 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
The bolded actually happens all of the time because there are people doing that for this very reason---just like gang members getting caught doing stuff because they post it on social media regularly. Not the smartest thing in the world to do but people still do it.
Here is a good example. Though not engaged in any crimes at that moment, These photos in a public square announce their affiliations with gangs. And it gets posted to fb. And a task force keeps tabs on it.

Gang Members Mug For The Camera At Times Square TKTS Booth: Gothamist

Criminals do boneheaded things all the time. I read recently about a burglar breaking into a home somewhere and getting too comfy on a bearskin rug and falling asleep. Woke up surrounded by cops. Another last year robbed a convenience store in the Midwest using an empty beer case for a mask obscuring his vision. Pinheads!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
And she would of went straight to jail...
Well...had she shot him after he punched her she 100% would not be found guilty.
I was exaggerating when I said she woulda shot him the second he approached.
But if he hit her, he WOULD have gotten shot.
Numerous times.

It's called being in fear for your life.
No jury in the land would convict a woman for defending herself from a nut that walked up to her and punched her in the face like that.

His mental illness isn't my problem.
What did Dr. Phil say?
Don't make YOUR problems MY problems.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Well...had she shot him after he punched her she 100% would not be found guilty.
I was exaggerating when I said she woulda shot him the second he approached.
But if he hit her, he WOULD have gotten shot.
Numerous times.

It's called being in fear for your life.
No jury in the land would convict a woman for defending herself from a nut that walked up to her and punched her in the face like that.

His mental illness isn't my problem.
What did Dr. Phil say?
Don't make YOUR problems MY problems.

Actually if she shot and killed the person who punched her, she could go to jail. She would end up going to trial to determine her faith.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:28 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Here is a good example. Though not engaged in any crimes at that moment, These photos in a public square announce their affiliations with gangs. And it gets posted to fb. And a task force keeps tabs on it.

Gang Members Mug For The Camera At Times Square TKTS Booth: Gothamist

Criminals do boneheaded things all the time. I read recently about a burglar breaking into a home somewhere and getting too comfy on a bearskin rug and falling asleep. Woke up surrounded by cops. Another last year robbed a convenience store in the Midwest using an empty beer case for a mask obscuring his vision. Pinheads!
Yep. I was just thinking about what you posted as well. Posting videos like this has actually been a big thing in the news---teenagers starting fights on purpose to record them and put them online. Adults do it too.

Actually, I also read a similar article a few weeks ago about a burglar who broke into an office (real estate, I think) and got together everything he was going to steal. Then he fell asleep.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,637 times
People are constantly getting sucker punched on the 7 train. I see it about 3 times a month

Old 05-13-2013, 04:40 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Yep. I was just thinking about what you posted as well. Posting videos like this has actually been a big thing in the news---teenagers starting fights on purpose to record them and put them online. Adults do it too.

Actually, I also read a similar article a few weeks ago about a burglar who broke into an office (real estate, I think) and got together everything he was going to steal. Then he fell asleep.
Here is an article about some of it's origins and incidents.

Happy slapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The rise of social media and technology has had drawbacks as well as the opposing factor of benefits. Everyone with a modern cell phone is a source of media. The ease of posting videos has allowed many to record crimes and other negative things, However it has allowed people to be caught by law enforcement for committing crimes. Double edged sword. A perfect example of it.

Tech advances, The dark or primitive side of man remains intact. In fact, I feel we are going backwards as of late.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
My wife woulda gotten 4 rounds off and in his chest the second he stepped towards her.
Quote:
My wife woulda shot him, and not lost A N Y sleep over it.
How is it then, that you are still alive?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:27 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
What does that even mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City