Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Link?
Even if true, prosecution would belie the claim that the government supports or condones the practice.
O'k I found a little blurb about it but I need to correct myself, it was the subcontractors who were doing this. I remember P&G's name being headlined probably because it of course made big new back then.

Here's the link:

Cincinnati Business Courier - Aliens arrested at P&G site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Isnt P&G as pure as Ivory Soap?
I think they want people to believe they are like their soap.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:16 PM

439 posts, read 895,971 times
Does anyone know the exact locations of the stores that have been closed in NY? Are they any that are in the NYC area?

I been reading the articles, but they don't go into specifics as to the locations of the stores.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
it was the subcontractors who were doing this.
Unfortunately, this is usually the case.
Companies are outsourcing just about everything that they can. Seems like their aim is to have no direct employees, only contract workers and subcontractors. Easier to provide 1099s, than benefits.
Often, ethnic subcontractors prey on their own countrymen, either paying poorly, demanding kickbacks, or kiring illegals. The main company claims shock & surprise, when these practices are revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City