Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 06:05 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times

Advertisements

Battle of the degenerates. Would not trust either of these guys with a teenage girl but the masses trust them with billions of dollars. The real guys controlling things - the banking and oil oligarchy- must love it when the masses support these degenerates. It is much harder to subvert someone when they know right from wrong. Selecting leaders that do not know right from wrong makes it okay to do wrong to the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
You would think after screwing the public for so long and so much they wouldn't even want anymore sex.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,106 times
I like Weiner a lot after he called out other congressional representatives when they voted against the Zadroga Act, but then wouldn't explain on a televised session why they voted against it.

His personal indiscretion was embarrassing, but it wouldn't affect whether or not I voted for him.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
I was never crazy about either politician when they were in office, but though Spitzer's thing was illegal, Weiner's sexting bothered me more. It's just so juvenile and creepy.

Why couldn't he just go and have an affair or pay a hooker, like a grown man?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I was never crazy about either politician when they were in office, but though Spitzer's thing was illegal, Weiner's sexting bothered me more. It's just so juvenile and creepy.

Why couldn't he just go and have an affair or pay a hooker, like a grown man?
Apparently he wasn't looking to have an affair or to pay a hooker.If that's what he wanted I'm sure he could have/would have done that.

Exposing yourself to someone has nothing to do with wanting to have sex with them.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
I personally couldn't care less what these two do with their own personal lives. There's a lot of perverted politicians out there, we just don't know of.
It shouldn't be the public's interest what they do with their own personal sex lives anyway.

That said, I feel Spitzer was a hypocrite for patronizing prostitues as a Governor while as a state attorney general he prosecuted many brothels.

Weiner while an idiot for sending nude pics of himself over the Internet, as any relatively smart person knows that anything sent over on the internet could be made public, didn't involve criminality.

If Weiner had a set of balls, he would've been a man and say from the onset "yea those pictures are mine. This is my private life and it has in no way affected my performance as a congressman. I own apologies to no one but my wife"
That's all he had to say, IMO.

Unfortunaly, he breached the public's trust by lying on national televison. Not once but several times.

Dont get me wrong, I liked weiner. He was an attack dog in congress but I can't give him a pass for the way he handled the scandal.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 AM

483 posts, read 870,431 times
Some of us New Yorkers feel apathy for these celebrated politicians. I think these two are trying to capitalize on feelings of American public who elected Mark Sanford after his extra-marital activity. Eliot Spitzer is a rich hypocrite using daddy's money to buy his way into City Comptroller's office. Front runner Scott Stringer will have something to say about that. Anthony Weiner is trying to crawl back into the graces of "Clinton machine" that his wife worked in. His lack of "cyber-ability" doesn't discount him, but this and bad judgement doesn't convince me to want him to be Mayor of New York City .....for now.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:23 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
Well hey, his wee wee had needs, and Silda simply wasn't gettin' the job done. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
Spitzer was patronizing a criminal enterprise while serving as New York's highest elected enforcer of the law--about as hypocritical as you can be. I don't see how Weiner can even be compared to that.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
I believe that Spitzer would have been a very good and competent governor if he didn't get caught. But I could trust someone that is that much of a hypocrite.

I get that you are a man of power and want to get some action that does not involve your wife but to go after the people that were part taking in the same activities that you were is just wrong. I wouldn't trust him again. What other skeletons are in his closet? As for Weiner, I think he is just dumb. So if you were to ask me if I would vote for a hypocrite or a dummy I'd rather vote for the dummy. Because at least the dummy wouldn't shake your hand and slit your wrist at the same time.

Last edited by deeken; 07-09-2013 at 01:32 PM..

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times
The lesser evil of these two undesirable candidates is clearly Weiner. Can someone explain to me how this city keeps getting the most low quality candidates for office? I feel like I'm trying to figure out who is the least skeezy, nutjob person at every election. Thompson flat out scares me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City