Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times

Advertisements

Great now black people are exercising mind control over innocent white people? Whatever happened to all of that personal responsibility people are always talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
There's something called TV you know and as I said before Whites buy most of the rap music and who is that made by?
Guys, let try to stay on topic.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.NewYorker View Post
What is that supposed to mean? Maybe you should actually come to the Bronx before criticizing it.
you don't want a multi millionaire living in the bronx...

Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM

59 posts, read 54,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
you don't want a multi millionaire living in the bronx...
Ok but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it as a compliment to the Bronx. Since she is ''trashy'' now

Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 PM

59 posts, read 54,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Great now black people are exercising mind control over innocent white people? Whatever happened to all of that personal responsibility people are always talking about?
What is this supposed to mean!? Not all black people are thugs or whatever you assume. MOST aren't.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:43 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
So, does anyone want to post pictures of nicer parts of the Bronx and/or attractions in the Bronx? Some descriptions along with them would be nice, too.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
For all my criticism of the Bronx, I think if they keep giving incentives for businesses like Fresh Direct to relocate to the South Bronx it will be good. I was happy the activists lost in court and as a major concession, Fresh Direct now serves all of the Bronx. I order from them and they are GREAT!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
So, does anyone want to post pictures of nicer parts of the Bronx and/or attractions in the Bronx? Some descriptions along with them would be nice, too.
It's lazy, but I remember this photo thread from a while back. It's Bedford Park & some areas south of it. Also has the Tracy Towers, which is a real eyesore however.

Walking in Bedford Park, The Bronx

Old 08-10-2013, 05:10 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Oy vey! These were ALL WHITE KIDS WHO HAVE DEEP GENERATIONAL TIES TO THE COMMUNITY. Listen, like I said I grew up in TN and hung out there too. The weed smoking, the drinking and general disorderly behavior of kids there is nothing new and has, imo, little to do with new groups.
I was in the Da Neck today. It's a middle class/ working class area. I think the area is on the decline based on economic reasons. That area got blasted with 6 family homes which the developers were not able to sell. What's next? Section 8 the whole thing. I hear Silver beach and Locust point are still holding on but the area does seem to be on the decline.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
I was in the Da Neck today. It's a middle class/ working class area. I think the area is on the decline based on economic reasons. That area got blasted with 6 family homes which the developers were not able to sell. What's next? Section 8 the whole thing. I hear Silver beach and Locust point are still holding on but the area does seem to be on the decline.
I agree, the main problem in TN right now was the overbuilding. So many newly built homes went unsold or sold and rented section8. I don't believe everyone in section 8 or programs are "problems" but they're the exception. My parents currently have neighbors that are just trash. 13 kids in a duplex, cops are there at least weekly, brawls in the street, etc. the houses in either side and across the street are now for sale as well as my parents. It's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City