Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,403 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

They are closing my temporary assistance case this week due to the claim that I willfully did not show up for the Work Experience Program. Actually, I did not receive the notice in the mail, which i read is not unusual. Of course, they don't take your word for this and quickly wish to close your case. They don't understand that if I'm not going to show up for that, why would I show up at all to explain myself?

At first, a Homebound liaison came to my apt. and helped me with the application. I applyed for future Homebound assistance but was rejected. I waited for the notice for the work assignment in the mail, but like I said it didn't show up. After speaking to a Conciliation worker, I got the notice that my case will be closed within the week, August 31st. OK, I plan to reapply right away after they close the case.

I did call the Homebound liaison the day I got the closure notice since I already had his number. I explained in a message my situation. It was on a Thursday I left the message.

On the following Monday, I received a notice saying that a new worker had been assigned to my case. They gave me the name of the worker and the number. It is dated the 23rd of August, the day after I called the Homebound guy. It said as of August 23rd, I'd been given a new worker to handle my case.

I'm puzzled as to why they would assign a new worker if they're closing my case within a few days of this latest notice?

I called the number today and got a different worker, someone new to the place. She said that the person who is supposed to be assigned to me is no longer there. I told her I was being closed and that I wanted to know why I was given this case worker. She said to call her back the next morning around 11:30 am.

What I want to know is, has anybody had the experience of receiving a new worker despite the closing of your case? Could the Homebound person have done something after I called him? I found it odd that they assigned me someone on a Friday so fast.

I left another message to the HB guy asking about this. I'm going to call the other worker in the morning. I just wanted to know anyone's opinion on what this could mean.

And why would they give a worker no longer there? They put the worker's name on the worker's signature line, with the date of August 23rd.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM

108 posts, read 209,919 times
I don't understand. What is a temporary assistance program? How does that work? Who is eligible?

Maybe that's why you have a lack of responses. I could be wrong.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badtzjack777 View Post
I received a notice saying that a new worker had been assigned to my case. ... I called the number today and got a different worker, someone new to the place. She said that the person who is supposed to be assigned to me is no longer there.
You wrote this. Do you not understand it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City