Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,086,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
My union endorsed Quinn, but I'm not a lamb like a lot of union people are. Vote your conscience, vote who you trust. Will Cats win, most likely never but hes a regular street guy that made it big. I find that endearing. Also, a simple idea of a deputy mayor for every borough is interesting, it's not just about Manhattan.
I also like his idea of re emphasizing/rebuilding technical and vocational schools.At least he is thinking outside the box.He probably would be a better,more interesting general election candidate than Lhota,who I could never vote for under any circumstances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I also like his idea of re emphasizing/rebuilding technical and vocational schools.At least he is thinking outside the box.He probably would be a better,more interesting general election candidate than Lhota,who I could never vote for under any circumstances
Now your talking. He is big on tech/voc schools and other things people dont think about. The college lie has been told far too long, the market is saturated with useless degrees. It's not for everyone, some people do better on a different path and make more money as well. And in a general election, call me crazy but he would get more support across party lines the Lhota. People hate Lhota nobody hates Cats, he is a likable guy...

Old 09-10-2013, 04:51 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
Let's say De blasio makes it to the general election. Does Lhota stand a good chance of winning? Do you think some of the more moderate dems will vote for Lhota? I know that 81% of NYC voted for Obama but will a very liberal candidate on a more local level make enough of the electorate vote any differently?
New Yorkers tend to vote differently from national elections to local elections. Some one from Howard Beach may vote republican during a Mayoral election but also may vote democrat during a national election. Also plenty of NY republicans are vastly different than mainstream conservative republicans. Republicans here are just as liberal as your average democrat. I can see Lhota picking up moderate democrats.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:58 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,086,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
New Yorkers tend to vote differently from national elections to local elections. Some one from Howard Beach may vote republican during a Mayoral election but also may vote democrat during a national election. Also plenty of NY republicans are vastly different than mainstream conservative republicans. Republicans here are just as liberal as your average democrat. I can see Lhota picking up moderate democrats.
Maybe 1 or 2

There was one poll done,back in July, asking who people would vote for in a theoretical de Blasio v. Lhota race.I think it was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.Anyway,de Blasio was on top by 37%.

That was a long time ago of course and it's hard to believe an actual election being so lopsided but still,Lhota will have to overcome a lot,especially his own personality and his seemingly blind and tone deaf allegiance to the negative aspects of Herr Bloomberg.

If there is anything that is abundantly clear so far in this process, it is that the vast majority of NY'ers are yearning for a different direction.It's time for someone to pay attention the forgotten Ny'ers , the forgotten neighborhoods and the forgotten school system. Trying to sell oneself as an extension or continuation of Bloomberg is suicidal.The only thing that might make things interesting is that Bloombucks will likely funnel millions and millions and millions of his own money into a Lhota campaign, to try to save his "legacy". Unlimited financial resources could help Lhota a lot.I'm sure the ads ,paid for by Bloombucks ,attacking de Blasio ,will be relentless.

I actually think both Catsimatidis and McDonald would make stronger R candidates.At least they have pleasing personalities and have voiced some different ideas.

Last edited by bluedog2; 09-10-2013 at 06:06 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 05:55 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
As your claim that Zionists control all money and politics in the world, I just lost all respect for you as a human being and cannot take anything you say with any degree of serious. And I've seen some really racist posters on this forum, and I'm sorry to have to say you're one of them.
I am in no need of your respect, but the truth shall set you free.

Quote:
You sound just like some of the white racists here alleging that all Blacks have magic access to all these jobs and educational programs via affirmative action. Mind you, these racists are often nowhere near academia or a major corporation and certainly not near admissions or HR.
No actually, I provided information that many people are very much aware of. Zionists are in full control of the global financial markets, the education system, and many other systems.

Quote:

So, have you worked for the Fed? Do you have any actual knowledge of the Fed? Don't talk about any libraries, bookstores, or anything of that nature. All of that info at best is SECOND HAND.
Absolutely, I'm an ex employee of the federal reserve bank of NY.

Quote:
So do you have any real nature of the fed from working for the fed or working in financial services?
Yes
Quote:

Any idiot could read a book. That's not demonstrative of any actual knowledge on a subject or field. Mere reading or consumption isn't the same as being able to produce one's own work, nor does it necessarily mean you have any actual knowledge of the field.
When someone makes a claim, --even if it makes me uncomfortable, I do my own research. Sometimes the research is very minimal, but other times, depending on the claim, I exert more time to understand the subjecdt. I especially love it when I'm presented with information that I simply don't believe, because it makes me work harder to find "credible" sources that allow me to either prove or disprove the claims made.
Quote:
So talk of arcane books or mysterious sources of information. If you want to present proof the fed is privately owned, again please list what stock exchange its stock is traded on, and what symbol it trades under.
I didn't list any arcane sources. Actually, I provided you a video of congressman Ron Paul, who actually serves as the financial services oversight committee chair. If the oversight committee chair is stating that the federal reserve is a private corp, and you are stating that the source is not valid, I don't know what else to tell you, but your level of ignorance is certainly astounding!

Quote:
I also think you underestimate how easy it is to write a book, self publish it on Amazon, and even stock it in a few bookstores. I've already done that myself. So just the fact that its in a book in a bookstore in and of itself means ABSOLUTELY nothing.
There are many people who make all sorts of claims. I understand this --however I am providing direct information, because I have worked for the entity.

Anyhow, it's often difficult to convey the truth, because most are just too dumb to understand. This is the real reason why the world is on a downward spiral. You have access (and I imagine time) to conduct your own research, but of course, it's unimportant and just one big silly "racist" conspiracy.

Please carry on...

Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
he's using his son as a negro caricature just to get the black vote smh.
Well the irony is, de blasio (a white man) has taken better care of his mixed race (black looking) son, than many of the black men throughout NYC.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,477 times
Citygirl, I don't know what to say, your last 2 posts...excellent. Are you a fan of Ron and his son Rand? Information is out there if you seek it and you did, thank you for opening your mind. Abolish the Fed!

Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Citygirl, I don't know what to say, your last 2 posts...excellent. Are you a fan of Ron and his son Rand? Information is out there if you seek it and you did, thank you for opening your mind. Abolish the Fed!
I am not really a fan of any politician; however, I have always been willing to research topics, to discover the truth.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
City girl sure redeemed herself in recent posts.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Well the irony is, de blasio (a white man) has taken better care of his mixed race (black looking) son, than many of the black men throughout NYC.
Thats a very Bloombergian thing to say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City