Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,496,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx2bk2lv View Post
I just don't understand why NYC has to wait for the paper ballot votes to be counted for the Democratic votes and NOT the Republican votes. If someone can explain, I would surely appreciate it.
The paper ballots aren't enough to make a difference in the result of the Republican election; Lhota won by a large enough margin and Republican runoff is happening. But de Blasio is 0.3% above the 40% runoff thershold, so the paper ballots could change the result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM

518 posts, read 825,984 times
Default Boomberg payback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that de Blasio openly disdains him, and prides himself on being anti-bloomberg?
Bloomberg is a vindictive little prick. His Nixonian rants about de Blasio's campaign use of his family and a federal judge's ruling on stop/frisk are indications that he will become even less pleasant as a rich old former mayor.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:15 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi guy View Post
Bloomberg is a vindictive little prick. His Nixonian rants about de Blasio's campaign use of his family and a federal judge's ruling on stop/frisk are indications that he will become even less pleasant as a rich old former mayor.
I'm no bloomy fan at all. You can check my post history on that one even. I'm just telling you the reason for what you questioned.

FTR, I'm no de Blasio fan either. Career politician, yay....

Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Lhota not ideal to continue the legacy ? What makes you think that ?
Bloomberg is not going to support or endorse Lhota for various reasons. For one Lhota called Bloomberg and idiot and Lhota is right Bloomberg is an idiot. Im sure Bloomberg cant forgive Lhota for that remark. Obviously both candidates Blasio and Lhota do not like Bloomberg either because Bloombergs mouth andd out of touch personality and for de Blasio the vast inequality and the vicious decline and erosin of NYC middle class in the past 12 years. Im happy that Bloomberg is not endorsing anyone but I also hope govenor but as well as the president not endorse any mayoral candidate. Its going to be a fight to the finish between de Blasio and Lhota. Overall Im happy Bloomberg is out the door and hope his influence over city hall goes into oblivion. I also csnt wait till Quinn goes up for election again for her to retain her council seat as well as council speaker. I hope she will be voted out.

I dont think Lhota will continue Bloomberg legacy. But I feel that with Lhota NYC will probably revert bavk to Guliani like times. Also Lhota does not have the connections like Bloomberg has with the wealthy, but also courting talented people across America and the world to move and live in NYC. Also Lhota will have to upkeep NYC name and allure like if its a brand, thats something that Bloomberg has done and not sure either de Blasio or Lhota will do the same which I highly doubt. Also the police department at in the city dont like Lhota for calling PAPD which is the 2nd largest police force in the city after the NYPD, he called PAPD mall cops. Plenty of law enforcement agencies in the city stand with the PAPD including the NYPD for such an insult Lhota made. Im sure right now Bloomberg cant sleep and he looks at a map of NYC and like a chess board or a game of Risk, he decides what is his next move to rezone a neighborhood and he has about a 100 days left to do so. Believe me under de Blasio or Lhota not much rezoning is not going to be going on. I also feel that gentrification will slow down under these potential mayors. Both Quinn and Thompson along with republican Billionaire catismadis may have been the only three to keep the status quo happy. Thr voters have spoken for no status quo.

Dont get me wrong Bloomberg has done some good like bikelanes and arts, but he destroyed the soul of the city to do somethings that only benefited a minority of people and the not majority, but also so many New Yorkers could not partake in the New NYC. But hey at least Bloomberg was honest about where he stands.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-14-2013 at 10:40 PM..

Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I'm no bloomy fan at all. You can check my post history on that one even. I'm just telling you the reason for what you questioned.

FTR, I'm no de Blasio fan either. Career politician, yay....
Most politicians are career politicians. Some of Bloomberg's biggest failures where the fact he had little political experience. Bloomberg would have liked to run for President, only had he done so, he would have been humiliatingly defeated. There is no base of national voters for him to appeal to.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Bloomberg is not going to support or endorse Lhota for various reasons. For one Lhota called Bloomberg and idiot and Lhota is right Bloomberg is an idiot. Im sure Bloomberg cant forgive Lhota for that remark. Obviously both candidates Blasio and Lhota do not like Bloomberg either because Bloombergs mouth andd out of touch personality and for de Blasio the vast inequality and the vicious decline and erosin of NYC middle class in the past 12 years. Im happy that Bloomberg is not endorsing anyone but I also hope govenor but as well as the president not endorse any mayoral candidate. Its going to be a fight to the finish between de Blasio and Lhota. Overall Im happy Bloomberg is out the door and hope his influence over city hall goes into oblivion. I also csnt wait till Quinn goes up for election again for her to retain her council seat as well as council speaker. I hope she will be voted out.
NYC will have its first democratic mayor in 20 years. Of course Obama and Cuomo will support and endorse de Blasio.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:04 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I also cant wait till Quinn goes up for election again for her to retain her council seat as well as council speaker. I hope she will be voted out.
Quinn's term in the council is over due to term limits. Corey Johnson won the primary for her seat. She's going, going, gone. More good news - Pervy old Vito Lopez lost in the primary.

Out with the old in with the new!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
I hope and think that Thompson will concede very soon. He has got to feel the pressure from Democrats who know that dragging out this pointless exercise will make him a pariah in the party.
And I am sure, like Caesar, "he is an ambitious man" and has future plans.

Nobody likes a poor loser.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The paper ballots aren't enough to make a difference in the result of the Republican election; Lhota won by a large enough margin and Republican runoff is happening. But de Blasio is 0.3% above the 40% runoff thershold, so the paper ballots could change the result.
The hilarious part is, Lhota received less votes than Weiner (who placed last in the democratic primary).

Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
NYC will have its first democratic mayor in 20 years. Of course Obama and Cuomo will support and endorse de Blasio.
The democrats are smart enough to know what is at stake. They will all come out supporting de Blasio. Even Bill and Hillary Clinton called de Blasio to congratulate him on the primary election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City