Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 01:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If the driver thought someone in the pack was calming them down then why would he be afraid?

We know of no other video. Maybe someone else did it but did not post it on YouTube. However, I imagine that it is more likely that it would incriminate more people than it would help Mieses. If so, it will not surface I suspect. I did read somewhere that a rider claimed to have seen the SVU driving erratically and had taken video, but he could not produce the actual footage. He kept waffling that he might have four hours to review and he was not sure his battery was working. Sorry, not credible.
You have no idea. There are likely to be many that will come forward over time.

That one guy was trying to calm things down would not necessarily have any impact on the RR driver.

The actual sequence of things that happened is also pretty obscure. Who went to which door when

There is no indication in the standard video that anyone went to the doors before the RR driver took off. The door footage is further down the road. Though again there may be another video.

Simply too complex to make any sense yet.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is relevant. Mieses committed a crime by riding the bike.
And I would suggest the RR driver speeds. I don't know a RR driver who does not. So he should not be able to defend himself?

Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 PM

121 posts, read 142,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
Gloria Allred is assisting criminal Mieses to exercise his right, getting $$$$. There will be lots arm wrestle between lawyers. At age 72, it could be the last high profile case for Gloria to show rhe world that she is the "MAN".
Glorida wanted a federal prosecution of Rush Limbaugh for his comment about that Sandra Fluke babe.

That is crackpot stuff.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM

121 posts, read 142,801 times
I think most of the defenders of the bikers hate SUVs and SUV drivers.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You have no idea. There are likely to be many that will come forward over time.

That one guy was trying to calm things down would not necessarily have any impact on the RR driver.

The actual sequence of things that happened is also pretty obscure. Who went to which door when

There is no indication in the standard video that anyone went to the doors before the RR driver took off. The door footage is further down the road. Though again there may be another video.

Simply too complex to make any sense yet.
You need to look at this, from earlier in this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/31744067-post881.html

One of the participants describes what was happening to the SUV before Mieses was run over.

The door was actually opened the second time the SUV was stopped, but the riders were "kicking the jeep" at the first stop. If you were the driver, would you happily assume that did not mean someone was trying to get in the car?

Edited to add: Why would Mieses feel the need to "diffuse" the situation unless he knew the crew was up to no good?

Old 10-10-2013, 01:17 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Nope. That may very well protect him from criminal charges but it in no way limits his civil liability. You do not get a pass for being scared even if you have a right to be so...
I'm sure the SUV driver will be absolved of civil liability. Matter of life and death. Mieses can try to sue him of course but the SUV driver will be exonerated in court. No judge is going to argue why he didn't just prefer to die.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:20 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
This situation is far too complex for simple views....I am not defending what went down...but it will turn out different then this rush to judgement.
I'll assume you're trolling for lulz with this stupidity.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
That body pic is hilarious. Why do guys that look like stringbeans with the muscle mass of a schoolgirl think their self pics will attract the opposite sex.
He doesn't look like a stringbean to me.

Quote:
I mean come on, does he even know what a barbell looks like? Hopefully he gets put away for alittle bit so he can get some gym time in.

Quote:
Oh never mind, that bodytype will make him quite the favorite pass around toy in there:ok:

You ain't right. LOL!

There's nothing wrong with his body or his face. You must be built like Jon Cena or Randy Orton.

Last edited by marilyn220; 10-10-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Nope. That may very well protect him from criminal charges but it in no way limits his civil liability. You do not get a pass for being scared even if you have a right to be so...
You ARE being serious? Wow, you're even less intelligent than I thought; show me a jury on earth not made up of mieses' relatives and the biker trash would would support your claim - good luck.

The bikers are facing both criminal and civil charges, not limited to reckless endangerment, driving without a license, driving without insurance, driving non-street legal vehicles, assault, conspiracy, reckless driving, battery, illegally changing lanes, changing lanes without proper signaling, speeding, gang-related assault, and those kicking Lien are facing potential murder charges - and that is just off the top of my head, many of which are class A and B felonies in NY. If you want to pretend you have facts, do your research first before spewing such stupid posts.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
You ARE being serious? Wow, you're even less intelligent than I thought; show me a jury on earth not made up of mieses' relatives and the biker trash would would support your claim - good luck.

The bikers are facing both criminal and civil charges, not limited to reckless endangerment, driving without a license, driving without insurance, driving non-street legal vehicles, assault, conspiracy, reckless driving, battery, illegally changing lanes, changing lanes without proper signaling, speeding, gang-related assault, and those kicking Lien are facing potential murder charges - and that is just off the top of my head, many of which are class A and B felonies in NY. If you want to pretend you have facts, do your research first before spewing such stupid posts.
Attempted murder, perhaps? Lien is alive.

However, I do not know how the law differentiates assault (actuallly, battery) from attempted murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City