Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Don't call me names.

Do you UNDERSTAND?

Do. Not. Call. Me. Names.

The guy cut in front of him, because he was honking his horn. WTF would honk their horns at these guys and not expect some sort of retaliation?

I'm seriously amazed at how dense people in this city have become here over the years.
Also I'm not sure why you feel qualified to make any comment at all on driving behavior since you have never had a drivers license. Let me make you aware of something: a horn has a purpose that includes preventing accidents. The horn's legitimate use is to warn other drivers or pedestrians of things like being too close to the driver's lane

Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
What planet are you living on that you think using a horn to warn someone they are driving too close to your lane is an invitation to be pulled from your car and beaten?
Henna, common sense tells you (not YOU per se, the driver of the car) these guys are *******s which is why they're doing the stupid stuff they're doing. They are looking for trouble, so when you honk your horn at them, they will look at it as an excuse to commit an act of violence.

I just don't understand why you would antagonize a 'group' of renegades and not have anything under your seat to back you up when things get confrontational.

This is what doesn't make sense to me. Did he think honking his horn was going to "endear" these knuckleheads to him or that they would automatically move out of his way?? Really??

Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Henna, common sense tells you (not YOU per se, the driver of the car) these guys are *******s which is why they're doing the stupid stuff they're doing. They are looking for trouble, so when you honk your horn at them, they will look at it as an excuse to commit an act of violence.

I just don't understand why you would antagonize a 'group' of renegades and not have anything under your seat to back you up when things get confrontational.

This is what doesn't make sense to me. Did he think honking his horn was going to "endear" these knuckleheads to him or that they would automatically move out of his way?? Really??
Please just admit you have never had a drivers license. If you don't know what it's like to drive, you really shouldn't comment.

The point I'm trying to make is that driving can be stressful when you encounter unknown situations. Your horn is used as a defensive tool and to warn others to get out the way in a potentially dangerous situation. Much of driving is done by instinct, and if your instinct is to honk when someone invades your lane, that's probably what you're going to do. Perhaps if he had thought through everything clearly or used his 20/20 hindsight, he would not use his horn for the reason you describe.

But it's very tough when you're in the act of driving and dealing with what's being thrown in front of you as you are going 60 mph to NOT do something you have been trained to do (honk when someone is encroaching on your lane).

Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The point I'm trying to make is that driving can be stressful when you encounter unknown situations. Your horn is used as a defensive tool and to warn others to get out the way in a potentially dangerous situation. Much of driving is done by instinct, and if your instinct is to honk when someone invades your lane, that's probably what you're going to do. Perhaps if he had thought through everything clearly or used his 20/20 hindsight, he would not use his horn for the reason you describe.

But it's very tough when you're in the act of driving and dealing with what's being thrown in front of you as you are going 60 mph to NOT do something you have been trained to do (honk when someone is encroaching on your lane).
I'm very aware of this as I lived in California for several years WHERE I DROVE ALL THE TIME.

I'm just saying that if a pack of Hells Angels or Vagos were doing wheelies in front and around me, I'd be driving slower than usual and I damn sure wouldn't be honking my horn to cause any excess problems that I couldn't back up.

This is what I meant by "common sense".

Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I'm very aware of this as I lived in California for several years WHERE I DROVE ALL THE TIME.

I'm just saying that if a pack of Hells Angels or Vagos were doing wheelies in front and around me, I'd be driving slower than usual and I damn sure wouldn't be honking my horn to cause any excess problems that I couldn't back up.

This is what I meant by "common sense".
Sorry, I had you confused with someone else. You were also posting comments that seemed like you had no idea what it's like to drive so I thought I would explain it to you. Well, maybe some other non-driver will come on here and learn something.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:20 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
Marilyn220, why do continue to justify what these animals did to that man and his family?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 PM

133 posts, read 173,887 times
They're wearing helmets? Pretty uncool for a biker gang.

Shoot 'em all. They asked for it acting like *******s and attacking the guy in front of his family...it all.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
Google "Reginald Denny"

Old 09-30-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I had you confused with someone else. You were also posting comments that seemed like you had no idea what it's like to drive so I thought I would explain it to you. Well, maybe some other non-driver will come on here and learn something.
Cool. It's okay.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM

448 posts, read 685,443 times
Um this was no fender bender. He purposely ran over a couple of dudes and their bikes. Literally ran over them.

Skip to the 50 second mark

Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC (Original) HD - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City