Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 PM

130 posts, read 156,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Actually, I did respond to the top part of that response in post #368. The bolded part, yet again, proves my point of her elitist attitude, as if a "good man" is synonymous with income status/profession. Dating "down" is beneath her, despite how good the man may be. Let's hope her future husband never gets into a financial crisis because, as it seems from her writing, she'd probably leave him.

By the way, I hope you're not implying that I'm against her dating white men. If so, you must not have read my post where I asked why she couldn't date a white MTA worker who makes decent money. Look, she can date who she wants to date. I'm not trying to change her mind. I'm not vilifying her for not dating working class black men. I just take issue with people, such as the OP, who think others are "beneath" them. We all age, get sick and eventually die. We are, by no means, a perfect species. Know that life also happens to these "professional" men. I truly wonder how she would react if said guy ended up in a situation where she'd have to be the sole breadwinner.
I'm just curious if you have ever dated an obese woman, or a woman with multiple children? If not, why? Many of them are wonderful women and should not be excluded from your dating pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 PM

130 posts, read 156,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
He is not Prince Charming if he has that type of mentality. That's a player. My Prince Charming is not the hot guy that looks good on paper. Obviously, there needs to be some sort of mutual physical attraction but I am looking for something a little more intimate. I know it sounds corny but I want love, respect and acceptance. Take a look at the video below.

Subaru - Moral Support - YouTube

It captures the essence of what I am looking for in a man. Is it too much to ask?
I enjoyed that commercial. I could certainly fall in love with someone so endearing.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
Beauty and Brains are the winning combination. Why would you want your wife (and future mother of your children) to only be a pretty face?
What about personality? For most women in NYC personality of a man they like goes out the window regardless of race, class or educational attainment!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,419,022 times
Plenty of these women are out of a brother's league too, so what are you really saying?

Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
For me, it is not about liking interracial dating. It is about expanding my options to find a suitable partner. There is a shortage of compatible black men. I do not want to deal with kids, baby mamas, financial issues and a man's insecurity because of his place in the world. I just want to be happy. It is just that simple.
I often at times ask women about happiness in their mates, many do not end up happy due to being happy for the wrong reasons which eventually burns out. When a woman tells me that she wants to be happy in life, I tend to believe that she has shallow complex or some neurotic issue, especially women here in NYC. Me personally I don't want to be happy because happiness burns out and die and turns into anger and pretentiousness. Me I would prefer to be content.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:33 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,495,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_inFall View Post
I enjoyed that commercial. I could certainly fall in love with someone so endearing.
I love the way he loves her. He is there every step of the way.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I often at times ask women about happiness in their mates, many do not end up happy due to being happy for the wrong reasons which eventually burns out. When a woman tells me that she wants to be happy in life, I tend to believe that she has shallow complex or some neurotic issue, especially women here in NYC. Me personally I don't want to be happy because happiness burns out and die and turns into anger and pretentiousness. Me I would prefer to be content.

What a strange post. I did not realize desiring love, respect and acceptance made me shallow and neurotic.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Actually, I did respond to the top part of that response in post #368. The bolded part, yet again, proves my point of her elitist attitude, as if a "good man" is synonymous with income status/profession. Dating "down" is beneath her, despite how good the man may be. Let's hope her future husband never gets into a financial crisis because, as it seems from her writing, she'd probably leave him.

By the way, I hope you're not implying that I'm against her dating white men. If so, you must not have read my post where I asked why she couldn't date a white MTA worker who makes decent money. Look, she can date who she wants to date. I'm not trying to change her mind. I'm not vilifying her for not dating working class black men. I just take issue with people, such as the OP, who think others are "beneath" them. We all age, get sick and eventually die. We are, by no means, a perfect species. Know that life also happens to these "professional" men. I truly wonder how she would react if said guy ended up in a situation where she'd have to be the sole breadwinner.
It was not addressed.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,263,356 times
Quote:
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I do not find Jude Law attractive.
Really? It's clear that you are attracted to white guys, but not Jude Law? You're one in a million.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
What a strange post. I did not realize desiring love, respect and acceptance made me shallow and neurotic.
Not that, for some women they desire good looks, or z man with money or an amazing career. Im not saying you are, but this is what I encountered from some women regardless of race, class or even educational attainment. But overall I agree with what you want in your key elements. You sound like a very genuine woman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City