Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:55 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner23x View Post
well i'll be moving from east williamsburg to cypress hills (norwood stop on the J train), north of atlantic ave. On the bright side, i will be seeing less hipsters now.
Indeed, likely 1-4% chance you will be seeing Hipsters on this side of town. I had seen them on a few occasions this year and that was a surprise! Even the NYPD looked surprised when they saw them getting off the station. LOL!

Cypress Hills is north of the Atlantic Ave, it's a proper border or divider, and about 6 train stops total from east to west along the J/Z. For the curious, Cypress Hills Housing Projects is not in Cypress Hills (the neighborhood) but actually in ENY proper. Norwood and Crescent are the busiest stops in the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 AM

80 posts, read 140,188 times
Quote:
well i'll be moving from east williamsburg to cypress hills (norwood stop on the J train), north of atlantic ave. On the bright side, i will be seeing less hipsters now.
What made you make the move?

Old 12-22-2013, 03:53 PM

154 posts, read 361,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf726 View Post
What made you make the move?
Bad living situation, just have to move. I could tell you how the transplants have priced out all the williamsburg natives but it wasnt because of that.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:30 PM

I personally believe CH's population doubled over the last decade. It feels busier for a small sized neighborhood. Like I stated previously, we have many people who were from Bushwick, Williamsburg-East Williamsburg moving into Cypress Hills. I know a man who lived on the southside and recently moved near the Cleveland station and he likes his current neighborhood more.

During the summer however it can become busier and loud at some places in the neighborhood. I recall coming home one August night and there were women in their 20's in bikinis playing around the sprinkler. Let it be known, my eyes were glued on that!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Bad living situation, just have to move. I could tell you how the transplants have priced out all the williamsburg natives but it wasnt because of that.
let us know how you like it! good luck!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
I personally believe CH's population doubled over the last decade. It feels busier for a small sized neighborhood. Like I stated previously, we have many people who were from Bushwick, Williamsburg-East Williamsburg moving into Cypress Hills. I know a man who lived on the southside and recently moved near the Cleveland station and he likes his current neighborhood more.

During the summer however it can become busier and loud at some places in the neighborhood. I recall coming home one August night and there were women in their 20's in bikinis playing around the sprinkler. Let it be known, my eyes were glued on that!
lol

Old 12-27-2013, 11:51 AM

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cypre...38.66,,0,-4.03

This big blue factory burned down like a year ago. Huge space, a lot of space, and notice the green space to the left. About 3 city blocks total almost or a bit more. That's enough room for 80 story towers, please use your imagination.

It's enough space for a 'Cypress Hills mall' too and on a pivotal location. The Atlantic Ave to the south, J/Z line to the north. It makes sense! Only a matter of time and when, but the area has space for future planning and redevelopment.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cypre...38.66,,0,-4.03

This big blue factory burned down like a year ago. Huge space, a lot of space, and notice the green space to the left. About 3 city blocks total almost or a bit more. That's enough room for 80 story towers, please use your imagination.

It's enough space for a 'Cypress Hills mall' too and on a pivotal location. The Atlantic Ave to the south, J/Z line to the north. It makes sense! Only a matter of time and when, but the area has space for future planning and redevelopment.

Yes I know that spot, its HUGE! What you are saying makes a lot of sense, love the imagination! There is a lot of possibility, at the moment Cypress Hills is not on the map, no one is paying attention to it. I think people (especially not native NYers) don't even know it exists. Who knows what the future holds!

ShadowMassa, are you a homeowner or considering? I know its not easy, even CH being "affordable" in terms of NYC it is still quite an undertaking.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbf726 View Post
Yes I know that spot, its HUGE! What you are saying makes a lot of sense, love the imagination! There is a lot of possibility, at the moment Cypress Hills is not on the map, no one is paying attention to it. I think people (especially not native NYers) don't even know it exists. Who knows what the future holds!

ShadowMassa, are you a homeowner or considering? I know its not easy, even CH being "affordable" in terms of NYC it is still quite an undertaking.

Cypress Hills is not popular at the moment and it's off radar like a number of other neighborhoods in this city. It's tucked away south of the parkland and graveyards and the Atlantic, it's a rather narrow but lengthy area from east to west. An individual observing the map can easily look over it without noticing. Many assume the area is similar to the rest of Eastern Brooklyn, it is to a certain degree, but it's also different in various ways and is not as dangerous as people who say it is.

I have family and old family friends who are homeowners in the area and in nearby neighborhoods to the east in Queens. In a scenario where I am considering to buy my own property ? I would consider numerous neighborhoods. If I was to choose Cypress Hills, I would select or look into the areas of the eastern half, the smaller side streets. I would also look into the area north of Jamaica Ave, this is the spot where you just purchased a home, I believe.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Here are some videos of the surrounding areas of numerous stations in CH -

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City