Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM

56 posts, read 148,564 times

Advertisements

I don't think it would be a good idea to get rid of your guns , especially if you live in a high crime area. Criminals aren't going to give up there guns .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 12:10 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
I bet the workers in the Wendy's who got massacred wished they had a gun.

But getting back to the original subject. At some point NYCs and NYSs stupidity in gun legislation is going to percolate up to the Supreme Court, and it going to get, well, shot down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Anyone who thinks they need a long gun, or any other gun, is a bigger fool.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Actually I am pretty sure if the workers had any wish at Wendy's it would be that the assailant didn't have a gun, and/or that nobody had a gun! And the next wish on their list is probably a living wage. Having a gun is not on their list at all.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Yes but there are guns out there. Many of them. Those aren't going away, and companies will never stop manufacturing them. Skells will never stop acquiring them illegally. That is what you're missing it seems. This is reality, and why responsible, legal gun owners are not the problem. Why it is that you think only criminals should have weapons is beyond me...

Old 12-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Please state where I said "only criminals should have guns." And now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

What I don't understand is the idea that guns make you safer....this has never been proven by anyone, but it sure gets repeated over and over again. I don't doubt that some people sleep sounder at night knowing that a fully loaded pistol is kept snuggly under their pillow, strapped to their side, or lying on the table at Chili's next to their baby back ribs, but that is about as far as the alleged "safety" goes.

Furthermore, when the supposedly inevitable apocalypse comes, your gun will be useless against millions of people...the best course of action for this "inevitability" is to LEAVE, escape, have an underground bunker filled with FOOD AND WATER...you cannot eat your gun. But hey that would be logical!

If you feel you need a gun in order to sleep at night, walk 10 feet to your driveway to get the mail, get gas for your car, go to your daughter's wedding, shop at Wal-mart, etc....guns are not the problem...nor is the answer to arm everyone...you are the problem and you need HELP not a gun! But again...that would be logical!

And logic/reality does not enter into these conversations..it's all about the apocalypse, the 1 in a million crime they see on TV, and a perplexing and overwhelming fear of anything and everything, which is a uniquely American paranoid condition. When you live that way...of course you need a gun! Hey don't forget the government is out to get you too! I am surprised even with a gun under your pillow you can sleep under these immediate threats!

Old 12-07-2013, 01:50 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Actually I am pretty sure if the workers had any wish at Wendy's it would be that the assailant didn't have a gun, and/or that nobody had a gun! And the next wish on their list is probably a living wage. Having a gun is not on their list at all.
What good is a living wage if you are not alive to spend it?

Old 12-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Wow I'm absolutely amazed that you went on one of your tirelessly repeated, verbose ramblings chock full o' straw men. Cool.

And well, you don't care to acknowledge what I explained to you about the existence of guns already circulating and the inevitable creation of more for various reasons. Cool again. So no, you didn't explicitly say that "only criminals should have guns". But you're saying it nonetheless. I didn't feel it necessary to say "why you think cops, military, and criminals are the only..." because I know that you view them as criminals too.

So again, why should only criminals be allowed weapons and not responsible, legal owners? Please limit your verbosity and straw men if you can.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM

I am surprised I can still amaze you..either you are simple minded or have alzheimers..maybe both!

I cannot limit my verbosity, otherwise known as intelligent conversational skills, so I will refrain. My point has been stated and restated...not much else to say. You think guns, and more of them, are the answer, because of a variety of "boogiemen" (criminals, apocalypse, government, alien invasion, and so on), and I wholeheartedly disagree.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:32 PM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
Quote:
I am surprised I can still amaze you..either you are simple minded or have alzheimers..maybe both!

I cannot limit my verbosity, otherwise known as intelligent conversational skills, so I will refrain. My point has been stated and restated...not much else to say. You think guns, and more of them, are the answer, because of a variety of "boogiemen" (criminals, apocalypse, government, alien invasion, and so on), and I wholeheartedly disagree.
More, more, more...how do you like it,how do you like, more ,more,more...how do you like your guns...I love em,I love em...do you remember that song?

Old 12-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:

Repeating absurd straw men over and over again for what is probably the thousandth time =/= intelligent conversational skills. Nor does refraining from speaking to a specific point that I'm addressing you with. Just FYI. You're truly not very good at this.

Last edited by availableusername; 12-07-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City