Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 7,553 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

On 01/11/14 I got a ticket for parking near "pedestrian ramp", I don't think I'm guilty. So I wanted to fight it it but every time I enter ticket number ('online hearing') - I get this message -

"The violation number you entered is not yet in the system. You will be able to request a hearing on this violation
when the ticket is in the system, which is usually about a week after the issuance date for a parking ticket ..."

WELL its almost 2 weeks passed! Could it be that my ticket will not be entered into system? Or this ticket in a 'system' and in 2 weeks I will have to pay a penalty for not paying a ticket within 30 days?

Any advice?

Thanks,

S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 12:19 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
damn dude !

it's time to pay up duuuude!

What's it an scanned ticket or a manually written one?

If it's the latter, there's a miniscule chance of it getting lost, but a scanned ticket is almost certain to show up in the system sometime in the future.

I would give it another week and see if it's coming up then. As long as you dispute it within the alloted time, you won't incur any extra charges.

btw, what your defense is going to be like?
Got dated pics, witnesses or any other type evidence to dispute it?

Old 01-23-2014, 01:15 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
I had the same exact thing happen to me. I got a hand written cop ticket, not the meter maid printed one.

It might be a hand written ticket, and the cop never filed it. NYPD cops tend to be lazy, and just might never file it.
In my case, it never ended up in the system and I never had to pay anything.
Just keep checking the website periodically.

The scanned tickets that the meter maids give out always end up in the system.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Stop calling them meter maids....that is sexist and dated.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:24 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,907 times
No, they are meter maids.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:00 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
No, they are meter maids.
or brownie

Old 01-23-2014, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 7,553 times
Thanks guys!

It was hand written cop ticket, lets see if it appears somewhere over the rainbow

If it appears - my defense will be pictures!! "Pedestrian ramp" is more like tiny construction ramp, they simply added oswalt to the curb... There was large construction just 10 yards away.

Cops must hate me Last year I got two similar tickets (only for "no parking anytime") and I won both of them in 'online hearing'. Granted second one: cop forgot to write "pm/am".

Start spreading the NEWS I am undefeated DDDDude

S.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg1999 View Post
Thanks guys!

It was hand written cop ticket, lets see if it appears somewhere over the rainbow

If it appears - my defense will be pictures!! "Pedestrian ramp" is more like tiny construction ramp, they simply added oswalt to the curb... There was large construction just 10 yards away.

Cops must hate me Last year I got two similar tickets (only for "no parking anytime") and I won both of them in 'online hearing'. Granted second one: cop forgot to write "pm/am".

Start spreading the NEWS I am undefeated DDDDude

S.
sorry but your record is about to go to 2-1 You may think the ramp was not a pedestrian ramp but if
they do then you lose... I am betting on the city in this one

Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
cities are not logical when it comes to the definition of certain items in the lawbooks. I once got a ticket for blocking a driveway. I was parked next to a brick wall abutted to the sidewalk. It qualified as a driveway because the curb had driveway cutout from a few decades ago before the present building was built. Since the curb was cut to street level, it was a driveway even if it was less than 4 feet from the wall (including the public sidewalk width).

definitions count more than practial logic. Somebody built a temporary ramp for pedestrians, so you were too close to a pedestrian ramp. case closed.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
cities are not logical when it comes to the definition of certain items in the lawbooks. I once got a ticket for blocking a driveway. I was parked next to a brick wall abutted to the sidewalk. It qualified as a driveway because the curb had driveway cutout from a few decades ago before the present building was built. Since the curb was cut to street level, it was a driveway even if it was less than 4 feet from the wall (including the public sidewalk width).

definitions count more than practial logic. Somebody built a temporary ramp for pedestrians, so you were too close to a pedestrian ramp. case closed.
AMEN--- that's 2 jury votes against you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City