Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:40 PM

125 posts, read 115,868 times

Advertisements

Boatshoe are you saying that these kids are stupid? What is there for the tacher to explain? That SHE stupid?
Malcolm and Martin go hand in hand
What part don't YOU understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 04:56 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times
The first question I'd ask if I was a parent there would be why they are teaching history in technology class anyway. The second question would be what programming language are they teaching my forth grader in technology class. Then the third question would be what does Malcolm X have to do with technology class.

Guess what technology teachers overseas teach their 4th graders. And we wonder why we can't compete for IT jobs.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 PM

384 posts, read 512,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrand4 View Post
Boatshoe are you saying that these kids are stupid? What is there for the tacher to explain? That SHE stupid?
Malcolm and Martin go hand in hand
What part don't YOU understand?
I'm not saying the kids are stupid. I'm saying they are probably like any other 4th grade class.

If the teacher didn't care about her job security she'd explain that she didn't want to assign Malcolm because the kids might find out he belonged to a racial supremacist religion for most of his public life (before leaving it and getting killed for it) and that he advocated a violent solution to the problem of racism (a stance that is controversial to this day). You've said yourself that kids these days are clever. What if they do a google search for Malcolm X quotes and find a bunch of stuff he said before he left the Nation of Islam? Quotes avowing black supremacy? Anti-semitic quotes? You think the teacher wants to touch those questions with a 10 foot pole?

Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 PM

125 posts, read 115,868 times
Malcolm X
was fighting against racial supremacists
What religion were They?
Bottom line is fourth graders everywhere
Already should know about Malcolm
X and if they don't the teacher should have taken the opportunity to teach them
Not decide oh I don't approve of what the man was about so I just gonna cut him out of Black History

She's a teacher. She supposed to get asked questions and Islam is a religion of
Peace and taught Black men discipline how to eat and defend themselves too
I don't see what it doing in technology
class but I'm surprised if tech class even got wifi

Old 02-10-2014, 09:10 PM

483 posts, read 870,536 times
Today's fourth grade students have no conscious radio music from political rap acts like Public Enemy or X-Clan. The least parents can do is expose them to Malcolm X and MLK through films or music, so they can develop critical thought and intelligently challenge mess that narrow-minded educators like this Queens teacher profess to teach.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
Quote:
I agree with the parents
the teacher needs a LESSON
Malcolm X is just as much a part of Black History as Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks
Rosa Parks and MLK are American icons who changed the country.

Malcolm X is a black nationalist and black Muslim icon, and he didn't really change the country.

That's not to say that I have a problem with the guy. Towards the end he seems to have abandoned his hatred of white people and become a real Muslim, abandoning the heretical doctrines of the NOI. However, that doesn't make him at the level of a Rosa Parks or a Martin Luther King.

If there's any black Muslim who changed this country, it's Muhammad Ali.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:28 PM

251 posts, read 637,710 times
Default Only a fool...

Old 02-11-2014, 12:11 AM

384 posts, read 512,609 times
Quote:
Malcolm X
was fighting against racial supremacists
What religion were They?
Bottom line is fourth graders everywhere
Already should know about Malcolm
X and if they don't the teacher should have taken the opportunity to teach them
Not decide oh I don't approve of what the man was about so I just gonna cut him out of Black History

She's a teacher. She supposed to get asked questions and Islam is a religion of
Peace and taught Black men discipline how to eat and defend themselves too
I don't see what it doing in technology
class but I'm surprised if tech class even got wifi
Ok, this is the last time I'm posting in this thread. You don't seem to comprehend the difference between Sunni Islam and Nation of Islam. I was speaking specifically of Nation of Islam in my previous post which is an inherently racist and supremacist religion. This is not an opinion. You can look it up. As you were so passionate in your defense of Malcolm X, I made the mistake of assuming that you knew what you were talking about.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:15 AM

251 posts, read 637,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
Ok, this is the last time I'm posting in this thread. You don't seem to comprehend the difference between Sunni Islam and Nation of Islam. I was speaking specifically of Nation of Islam in my previous post which is an inherently racist and supremacist religion. This is not an opinion. You can look it up. As you were so passionate in your defense of Malcolm X, I made the mistake of assuming that you knew what you were talking about.
So what. American culture is racist and white supremacist. If Black children want to learn about Mailk Shabazz then why is it a problem?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:17 AM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
So what. American culture is racist and white supremacist. If Black children want to learn about Mailk Shabazz then why is it a problem?
Send them to private school. Public schools the serve American "white supremacist" "racist" culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: