Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is NYC still that dirty compared to other big cities?
No, it's that dirty anymore at all compared to large cities. 19 18.27%
No, it may still be dirtier than some large cities but hardly much when you factor it's sheer size and activity level. 28 26.92%
Yes, it's still very dirty even for it's size. 45 43.27%
Yes, size makes it a little better but it's still quite dirty. 12 11.54%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:23 AM

175 posts, read 487,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I am going to give you the classic example of what happens:

Our neighbor across the street, Mrs Italian....lived in the house since before I moved here, 26 years ago. She passed away this past winter, she was 86. Her children are married and have homes elsewhere. So what do they do?, they empty the house and put it up for sale. They don't need it, they have their own homes. So now who buys it? Chinese. There is already a Chinese real estate "for sale" sign in front of the house.

It isn't being racist or anything, it is what it is. Chinese people will buy the house, it is simple as that. That is what is buying in my neighborhood, and I will keep you all posted as to who moves in.

When my parents become angels me and my sister will put their house us for sale, we don't need it, we don't want to live in SI, we have our own homes, and no, I don't care who buys it.
This is the cycle, and this is what happens.
Then blame the children for not up keeping and buying their parent's cherished home. So if you know the cycle, what is the exact issue?

Also my post referred to the other poster that said italians moved due to russians and chinese, so your post really has nothing to do with what the other poster said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 08:31 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,500,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkFriedRice View Post
So why didn't the Italians just not move? Keep it the way it is? If they held on, maybe they didn't have to take such actions over "russians and chinese" Look if people are going to move because of someone's ethnicity, they didn't deserve to be there in the first place.
No idea...just saying what I've heard them say over and over. Maybe they want more land for their money? Can't speak for them.

It's the same with native Staten Islanders complaining about all the Brooklyn people moving in. And the Floridians complaining about NYers. It just happens. People complain about people.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:39 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
It is all part of the cycle, it can't be helped.
Like I said before, the kids don't need the parents house, so they sell.

If i sold my apartment, I would sell to who ever buys it, I couldn't care less.

and adventually I will retire, and I absolutely wont live here anymore.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:46 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
Will never happen, but my solution would be that with all the people receiving free hand outs / welfare in the city, they have to collect trash, be on cleaning duty a set number of hours per week.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM

499 posts, read 794,071 times
Good article about those inconsiderate idiots who trash our beaches and parks.
Broken Windows, Broken Parks

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/ny...hoto-spot&_r=0

Old 06-30-2014, 04:30 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
I've been paying attention to the subway stations more often now and I can safely say that dirt is an overstatement. Realistically the only part of the subway that is dirty are the train tracks. You won't find newspaper and dirt literally bombed on the ground like the old days.

The subways I observed where big stations such the L train terminal, herald square, union square and Times square. Most of the subways currently aren't as dirty as people make them.

So I would have to get a clear knowledge of what makes something to dirty to anyone? If I don't see no trash on the ground then I'm ok with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City