Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM

43 posts, read 62,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Breaking, World, US & Local News - nydailynews.com - NY Daily News

Do my offensive rants offer any consolation to you? What I speak is the truth. Its nothing negative but NYC does have horrid infrastructure. When your your beloved L train is delayed thanks to a watermain break dont say I warned you.. NYC infrastructure works but its not sustainable enough for its current volume and traffic for various reasons we on here have discussed. Your probably hipster yuppie and never seen the nyc expressway full of car chassis debris. If you want nyc to be the greatest city on earth and improve its economic vitality, it needs to improve its infrastructure and not upgrade it.
Your butthurt is not really looking any better by calling out people who give different perspectives hipsters. I can play you game too. Want an example? Ok... You probably live in some poor ghetto bombed out community in Bronx having too miserable of life to notice positives and going out of your way to look for negative things and making things up when you can't find any. It's so bad that you have to look for just any random smear articles off a google search to look for support. See.

You failed to tell us anything about how other large cities are better in anyways and have such "world class" infrastructure. Most likely due to the fact you just don't know anything about them and it's too much effort to do a google search about other cities just to rant about NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
A good proportion of Central London (the metropolitan area's equivalent of Manhattan) is actually like this:
A whole lot of Manhattan is relatively clean too these days. I don't know when the last time you have been there. But take out Harlem and some of the other poor and ghetto areas you get a pretty clean place; for a big city anyways. The subway stations still needs worked on but that's pretty much it. Some people still like to complain about trash bags being stored around the sidewalks but I don't get how that's such a big problem.

Most of the dirty areas of NYC are in the poor communities in Bronx and parts of Brooklyn. London has it's share of those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
You should already have noted the obvious trend here: Central London is unapologetically a gated community for the rich; but that does serve to make it very elegant and cleanly.
Sorry but that just sounds very fanboy to me. So Central London doesn't have it's working and middle class population? I don't buy that for a second. Manhattan has more rich people than Central London and even it has them.

Last edited by Gothamist; 02-27-2014 at 12:32 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Not only are the road in poor shape, so are the buildings.

$3,000 for a decent-looking 600 sq. 1 bd. room apartment in NYC...
Or $400,000 for a home built in the early 1900s in Queens, that's not even 1500 sq. ft.

As lovely as NY is, it's going to be in the sh*tter (although, it's 1/4 of the way there).

Old 02-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Not only are the road in poor shape, so are the buildings.

$3,000 for a decent-looking 600 sq. 1 bd. room apartment in NYC...
Or $400,000 for a home built in the early 1900s in Queens, that's not even 1500 sq. ft.

As lovely as NY is, it's going to be in the sh*tter (although, it's 1/4 of the way there).
So this what it is like to listen to a broken record. Been there, done that. There has been like different variations of this same post that's been made like a billion times.

Welcome to a REAL city. Go to any of them and it's the same depending on the size and activity level. Go to Roppongi or Shinjuku in Tokyo or the rough part of East London and try telling me it's considerably less dirty than the dirty parts of NYC.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamist View Post
So this what it is like to listen to a broken record. Been there, done that. There has been like different variations of this same post that's been made like a billion times.

Welcome to a REAL city. Go to any of them and it's the same depending on the size and activity level. Go to Roppongi or Shinjuku in Tokyo or the rough part of East London and try telling me it's considerably less dirty than the dirty parts of NYC.
rofl so true. Never ceases to amaze me how these people haven't rented a condo in Boca yet and choose to force us hear them complain here 24/7

Old 02-27-2014, 01:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamist View Post
A whole lot of Manhattan is relatively clean too these days. I don't know when the last time you have been therE ut take out Harlem and some of the other poor and ghetto areas get a pretty clean place; for a big city anyways. The subway stations still needs worked on but that's pretty much it. Some people still like to complain about trash bags being stored around the sidewalks but I don't get how that's such a big problem.

Most of the dirty areas of NYC are in the poor communities in Bronx and parts of Brooklyn. London has it's share of those too.

Sorry but that just sounds very fanboy to me. So Central London doesn't have it's working and middle class population? I don't buy that for a second. Manhattan has more rich people than Central London and even it has them.
Dude parts of Manhattan and even ritzy hip areas reeks of **** and vomit my friend. Im not butt hurt. im no way shape or form a fanboy. Manhattan has some aging infastructure. Even our subways in Manhattan are filthy you are just an ignorant idiot wannabe elitist. I doubt you have been to Tokyo. Maybe London.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:27 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
/\/\

NYC is still more sprawled out than it should be. It's definitely not in the same league as LA, Houston or Atlanta but there is room to make it more compact, more vertical and therefore easier to manage so that there will be money to clean the sidewalks and upgrade the subways.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:28 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Even our subways in Manhattan are filthy you are just an ignorant idiot wannabe elitist. I doubt you have been to Tokyo. Maybe London.
Can you imagine how expensive our subways would be if we turned them into a Sephora's like Tokyo? No thanks. I'll take my stairs in a hole in the the ground to get me from point A to point B for $2.50, thank you very much.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Dude parts of Manhattan and even ritzy hip areas reeks of **** and vomit my friend. Im not butt hurt. im no way shape or form a fanboy. Manhattan has some aging infastructure. Even our subways in Manhattan are filthy you are just an ignorant idiot wannabe elitist. I doubt you have been to Tokyo. Maybe London.
Your butthurt just looks worse with every post really. You still failed to tell us anything about any of those other cities. Your just ranting on like a moronic troll and hoping equally butthurt people will believe anything you say. If you actually went to Tokyo I doubt you went out much or just visited a few tourist spots and idiotically thought that's how the whole city is. It sucks to live such a pathetic life that you cry on internet forums about a city 24/7 and still not have the balls to move out. Such a sad life you must be living in the ghettos of Bronx. I have the brain to realize everybody in NYC doesn't live in crappy conditions like you do.

Last edited by Gothamist; 02-27-2014 at 01:45 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM

19 posts, read 26,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Its a DUMP..open your eyes.
LOL, yet NYC is the most photographed and one of the most visited cities in the world. And New York City voted as the World's Favorite City .Hmmmm.

But I wouldn't put much stock into what you say. Look at your post history - everything is clouded in misery and insults. Such an angry, bitter, unpleasant person. Typical Long Islander (where you live).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City