Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 10:47 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,996,001 times

Advertisements

De Blasio was voted in by NYC voters (I was one of them).

There's a right wing contingent here that's constantly weeping and wailing over everything.

If that's how they feel why don't they just move to some small town in Appalachia? New York most other coastal states have progressive politics. Big demographic changes are affecting the Southern states like Texas, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia. That leaves the poorest parts of states like WV, MS, and Arkansas for these people to move to.

So why not move there? Whining about progressive NYS and NYC politics has grown old.

When I lived in the North Bronx, I hated it and so I left the North Bronx. I still love NYC, but I'm happy to be out of town and in other places for now, though I'll eventually move back to NYC (not the Bronx or any other poor area).

But for those who absolutely hate everything about NYC, really you should leave and never come back if its so awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 AM

943 posts, read 1,199,418 times
Sometimes I can't tell if this is the Richardson TX or Houston TX board or NYC. It seems filled with reds.

5,000 posts, read 8,220,269 times
Rule #1 about life: Never speak your mind about politics or social issues if they go against the grain of what is deemed "progressive" by the intellectuals.

Always remember that, people...

5,452 posts, read 11,256,981 times
Those who whine are old farts who were influenced by ppl like McCarthy. And to a lesser extent Tricky Dick Nixon and his sidekick Spiro T. Agnew. The fear of an armed commie invasion is still to this day embedded in their subconscious mind.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Rule #1 about life: Never speak your mind about politics or social issues if they go against the grain of what is deemed "progressive" by the intellectuals.

Always remember that, people...
Unless you're in the Illegal Immigration board.

I consider myself a progressive somewhat libertarian intellectual. I regularly go to that board to try and change and influence them into thinking differently. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "illegal" or "legal" immigration. We are all immigrants to some degree. The only difference to the first degree immigrants are some are authorized by the government to work and some the government don't even know exist. Either way, government really shouldn't intervene in the way it does regarding immigration.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,987,171 times
De bozo was elected with 3% of the NYC population voted. I am sure 3% speak for the majority of NY?

There is a difference between a liberal and a crazie. Which one do you think he is?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM

19,059 posts, read 13,989,020 times
Because the Progressives haven't completely destroyed the Constitution, yet. I for one will use the 1st Amendment however I want. You in turn can use the ignore feature if you see fit.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:11 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,411,618 times
That's the norm, not the exception, on this site.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:15 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,220,269 times
^the right wingers are a scared bunch

they hide in their enclaves

be frontin with their fake ass smiles when dealin with the masses smh

Old 03-20-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Because the Progressives haven't completely destroyed the Constitution, yet. I for one will use the 1st Amendment however I want. You in turn can use the ignore feature if you see fit.
Implying Bush didn't destroy/violate the constitution with the creation of the USA PATRIOT ACT, or the other republicans who created stuff like COINTELPRO.

All violations of the constitution and the laws of the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City